PC [BUG] Multiplayer Stuck in Joja Ceremony

jepperson2

Newcomer
When the main player entered the area to trigger the Joja Co Member of the Year ceremony, the second player had the ceremony cutscene triggered, but there were a few bugs:
1. On the second player's screen the main character walked up toward Morris, but kept going through where they should've stopped (judging based off of where they stopped on the main player's screen). The main character walked through the Joja people, up through the door of the Joja Warehouse, disappearing one frame at a time through the top of the doorway.
2. No dialogue was shown for the second player (the main player got the usual dialogue)
3. When the ceremony ended for the main player the second player's screen stayed the same for the rest of the day (see attached screenshot, which was from >2:00am)
4. Even hitting 2:00am did not cause the second player to break free of this Joja prison. The main player was free to complete the rest of their day as usual.

When the main player went to bed that night, it kept saying the usual "waiting for second player". Even having the first player leave bed after 2:00am only to immediately collapse did not cause the second player to snap out of Joja prison.

Ultimately the second player had to close the game entirely. Once they re-opened the game the main player's screen let the day end and a new day begin. Even during this new day, however, the second player rejoined but was unable to interact with any boxes. When this happened both players quit the game and restarted, which resolved all issues.

On the day the buggy cutscene was triggered, the second player purchased a barn upgrade soon before the cutscene began (they had just left Robin's)

We started this two-different-PC multiplayer game pre-1.5 release, but this occurred when both computers were running v1.5.1.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

chezmonkey

Newcomer
This just happened to me on 1.6.3 and I wasn't able to interact with chests after the Joja ceremony. I then triggered a cutscene at Marnie's house and was spawned behind the rooms. I could walk around behind the walls of the rooms but I couldn't walk into a room or leave the house to go back to the forest. I tried reconnecting but I would respawn in the same bugged place.

I then quit and let the host start a new day where I correctly woke up in my bed but I haven't been able to accept quests from the community board so far.

R10TOPP

Newcomer
Hello future travelers, me and my friend had this problem and the solution was simply for the 2nd player to interact with the joja guy in jojamart and then do it, I hope it works for everyone and not just a coincidence of some kind