PC [BUG] Mouse clicking working intermittently

Haven't really played since the 1.5 update, but the mouse buttons just seem to work about one half to one third of the time. If I hit the C key to do something to use a tool or swing the sword that works, but if I'm trying use the mouse then the sword frequently doesn't do anything.

galexy

Newcomer
I've experienced this too! It happens at random for me, but most often in the morning when I wake up to a new day. My kids are usually nearby so I interact with them, but it doesn't always work so I fix it by clicking on them with my mouse a bunch of times until it registers, and then I carry on using the C key as usual. Bit annoying.

Odin

Staff member
Do you similar issues in other games? If you're just seeing a problem with the mouse and not the actual action, it may a physical issue with that mouse.

Odin

Staff member
Just with this game, touchpad on the laptop works fine on everything else.
Ah, if you're playing on the Mac and using tab-to-click on the trackpad, this is known issue. Unfortunately this issue is likely related to an underlying system the game is built on and may be tough to fix.

Ah, if you're playing on the Mac and using tab-to-click on the trackpad, this is known issue. Unfortunately this issue is likely related to an underlying system the game is built on and may be tough to fix.
But it's not a Mac. I have a Dell running Windows 10 Pro.

Ah, ok. Are you using a similar tap-to-click input method?
Not using tap-to-click. Separate buttons underneath the touchpad. There's also a separate set of buttons for a trackball like thing in the middle of the keyboard and they have the same problem.

So playing around with the sword to get better data it seems like what happens is that when you move or do anything the clicking doesn't cause anything for the first 3 or 4 clicks. Then it responds to any click and works fine. If you move at all though then it goes back to not responding for the first 3 or 4 clicks before starting up again. It seems like the game recognizes that things are being clicked, but the first 3 or 4 clicks just don't count for whatever reason. Is that clear?

fgdgamer

Newcomer
same issue here, in menus the left click works fine but ingame I can't even use my sword unless I use C as left click.

DarkXorn

Newcomer
I'm here to +1 this and ask has ANYBODY found a fix for it?

It appears as if the game itself takes a moment between you using the touchpad and then trying to use left/right click. It's a delay of just under 1 second, and it doesn't sound like much, but if you're doing regular tasks like fighting, collecting, fishing, it just ruins all playability. I'll add that this only seems to be a major issue on my left click button, and I too am using a Dell laptop and Windows 10.