Solved [BUG] Key to the Town not working correctly

maedhros77

Newcomer
I recently purchased the Key to the Town from QI, and contrary to how it is described, I am unable to enter all the doors in the town. I saw other topics listing issues for Leah's cabin and Elliot's house, but not one for Sebastian's room, which is where I am currently experiencing the issue. I receive the message: "You're not good enough friends with Sebastian to enter his bedroom". This is with the Steam version of the game on PC, version 1.5.4

Attachments

ISSsloth

Farmer
I think it only applies to buildings that are closed because of time, not friendship. (it might be assumed that at this point in the game you can access everyone's rooms.

maedhros77

Newcomer
Then the wiki needs to be corrected, as that is not what it states. Per the wiki "The Key To The Town is used to enter all buildings and rooms in Stardew Valley..." Some is not all. Since I have already purchased it, I cannot check the in game description any longer, to see if it also has this misinformation.

Odin

Staff member
Then the wiki needs to be corrected, as that is not what it states.
I updated the wiki page for this item to better reflect how it functions. Just a note though, the wiki is edited by people that play the game, so if you ever see an issue on it, you can edit yourself or leave a message in that page's discussion tab if you're not personally comfortable making edits. But the best place to give wiki feedback is on the wiki itself!
Since I have already purchased it, I cannot check the in game description any longer, to see if it also has this misinformation.
The game item makes no reference to rooms, just buildings.