PC [BUG] Here coms a glitch about banana tree and mango tree

Revisited. As the 1.5.5. came available through GOG I tested this again, trying to plant a Banana tree. Using StardewFinnish: sapling disappeared. OK. Lets try another language. Spanish: sapling disappeared. English: sapling is there.
I'll see what happens if I start the game without mods (see if it is possible with that save...)
OK it was not possible. Tried to rename the Mods folder (so SMAPI but no mods) and the save would not launch). Let's see if I have another save that will (and has GI!)
Ah, that's disappointing to hear. I posted in the Beta thread about it; to hopefully get some extra eyes on it. And, perhaps have ConcernedApe check the GOG version before publishing the update.
Comment in Beta thread: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/stardew-valley-1-5-5-technical-update-beta.8893/post-52732

Any chance you can send me these 2 files from your game folder:
Code:
Content/Data/fruitTrees.xnb

Content/Data/ObjectInformation.es-ES.xnb
I want to compare their data to my Steam files. Maybe see if it's a data issue, or a binary issue.

Quirinea

Farmer
Ah, that's disappointing to hear. I posted in the Beta thread about it; to hopefully get some extra eyes on it. And, perhaps have ConcernedApe check the GOG version before publishing the update.
Comment in Beta thread: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/stardew-valley-1-5-5-technical-update-beta.8893/post-52732

Any chance you can send me these 2 files from your game folder:
Code:
Content/Data/fruitTrees.xnb

Content/Data/ObjectInformation.es-ES.xnb
I want to compare their data to my Steam files. Maybe see if it's a data issue, or a binary issue.
Yeah. A bummer. Although I suspected as much as I read the changelog, which did not mention the Mango and Banana problem. So I went to test it as soon as I got the new version up and running.

OK, I would have sent them as a private message, but for some reason there was no way to attach a file.
Perfect thanks!
So, on the Steam version there's no translated version of the 'fruitTrees' file. All text translations are handled by the "ObjectInformation.*.xnb" files.
I wasn't aware that the GOG version has localized variants of the 'fruitTrees' file. Thanks for including that as well!

Looking at the translated version of the 'fruitTrees.es-ES.xnb' file you posted shows that it doesn't have any data for the new trees(Mango/Banana).

That's likely the root cause.

Can you try deleting all the translated versions of ONLY the 'fruitTrees' file? Make the game default to the english one.
Then retry planting.

Those files will likely have to be removed from the GOG version.

Last edited:

Quirinea

Farmer
Perfect thanks!
So, on the Steam version there's no translated version of the 'fruitTrees' file. All text translations are handled by the "ObjectInformation.*.xnb" files.
I wasn't aware that the GOG version has localized variants of the 'fruitTrees' file. Thanks for including that as well!

Looking at the translated version of the 'fruitTrees.es-ES.xnb' file you posted shows that it doesn't have any data for the new trees(Mango/Banana).

That's likely the root cause.

Can you try deleting all the translated versions of ONLY the 'fruitTrees' file? Make the game default to the english one.
Then retry planting.

OK, I'll try that as soon as get to the next savepoint. Fine if it is a silly miss and nothing deep inside the game!

Quirinea

Farmer
Then retry planting.

Yeah! That was it! I removed the fruitTrees.xx-XX.xnb-files (or to be on the safe side renamed them with an extra ending, and now it works!
Just wonder what the heck those files were doing there at all? There is no language-specific information in them.

Yeah! That was it! I removed the fruitTrees.xx-XX.xnb-files (or to be on the safe side renamed them with an extra ending, and now it works!
Just wonder what the heck those files were doing there at all? There is no language-specific information in them.
Awesome!
I did a little digging, and it appears the files were present for a time on the Steam versions; up until v1.4. I guess they also realized that those extra files weren't needed; but forgot to pull them from the GOG version.

I think I'll post a separate new thread; just to condense all this information and add some extra visibility. And, see if we can get a hotfix for all of y'all on the GOG version.
Thanks for all the help with testing/troubleshooting; couldn't have done it without you! ^-^