PC [BUG] Here coms a glitch about banana tree and mango tree

大ㄐㄐ

Newcomer
1610784085329.png

Every time I plant my new trees on ginger island, it will become something like this.
I didn't use any mod before, what should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tdr
Did you put that cactus pot you can see to the left? Also, were the trees recently planted saplings or fully grown trees? If fully grown, do they appear normal until they finish growing or are they like this from the start?

Are they giving fruit? Those three weeds on the left one are placed like fruit, did you try shaking it and see what it gives you?

And lastly, can you chop them down? Or do they not react to your axe swings? (You can exit the game without saving if you don't want to lose the tree after checking)

大ㄐㄐ

Newcomer
1610867643347.png

I didn't put that cactus pot by myself, It just appear after the tree grown up. Those are fully grown trees. They didn't appear(They were invisible when I just plant, but I couldn't go through there, I got blocked by something.) until they finish growing.

This picture is what I got after I shake the trees, they gave me some furniture and the weeds also disappear after I shake the trees.

I can chop them down, they just give me some woods and sap.

After I chopped them all and plant a new mango sapling, it still invisible.

Last edited:

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
This looks like something scrambled your item IDs. I know you said you didn't use any mods, but, are you certain? Maybe something you thought you removed? JSON Assets extra crops and fruit trees can do this if they were in and then removed, or in without being updated, or more were added out of order, etc. I don't recognize that cactus plant but if it's new in 1.5 that is probably why.

If you're totally certain you don't have any mods and didn't even before this, then I'd next recommend trying to verify you game files on Steam (if that's where you are playing.) I assume GOG has a similar option but I'm only familiar with Steam, sorry.

大ㄐㄐ

Newcomer
I'm really sure that I didn't use any mods before.

Even I uninstall the game and install it again, the problem was still there. I also try to verify my game every time before opening the game.

Yesterday I try to chop all the trees with problem and plant a new one, but it still invisible.

Where can I find my item IDs, can I fix it by myself ?

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
Hmm. Honestly I am stuck then, I'm sorry. I don't think this is something you can fix by editing your save file. You might have to decide if you can live with it, or if you want to start a brand new file (and if it happens again even in a *new* farm... I *really* don't know what's going on).

Hopefully someone will stop by with more options for you, I'm sorry. :c

大ㄐㄐ

Newcomer
I heard some thing new from bahamut. They say maybe the source of problem is langue.

If I use Chinese or other langue on the game, I may have problem on ginger island's trees or getting flounder from fishing.

Those problem will be solved if using English.

tdr

Newcomer
(sorry, google translate) Same problem here. Banana and Mango tree are glitched. Also i can't fish flounder either. I've never been able to catch a fish from the ginger island, only trash. Even unlocking the beach resort.

My game is Portuguese Brazilian (version 1.5.4). My version of the game is from GOG and I'm playing on Debian (linux), the version for linux.

I will switch to English and see if it resolves.

nils333

Newcomer
Hi there,

I have the exact same problem with invisible banana and mango trees. As they grow, they turn into these vertical lines. I am playing the German version. A 100% fresh install with the latest Version from GOG Galaxy didn't help. I also never used any mods. Switching from German to English does not change anything ;(
My farm is rather old, we are in year 10. Please see the safe game attached. There is an invisible mango tree in the south east corner on the farm on Ginger Island as well as a grown banana tree in the south west corner of the farm land on Ginger Island.

Please fix this bug!

Attachments

Last edited:

Quirinea

Farmer
I banged my head all yesterday trying to find an error in my translation mod! Yeah. Mango and Banana trees are invisible when planted at least in German, Spanish and Hungarian version (I tested those). I haven't seen black stripes, though. I tested also starting in English, planting the tree then going to bed ingame and switching the language. The tree was visible. That may be a workaround.

Quirinea

Farmer
Now I got the black bars. And shaking the tree dropped a houseplant... Now I don't remember if that was supposed to be a mango or a banana. Sigh. I'm waiting for the trees I planted "in English". Hopefully they grow properly.

Attachments

I banged my head all yesterday trying to find an error in my translation mod! Yeah. Mango and Banana trees are invisible when planted at least in German, Spanish and Hungarian version (I tested those). I haven't seen black stripes, though. I tested also starting in English, planting the tree then going to bed ingame and switching the language. The tree was visible. That may be a workaround.

Now I got the black bars. And shaking the tree dropped a houseplant... Now I don't remember if that was supposed to be a mango or a banana. Sigh. I'm waiting for the trees I planted "in English". Hopefully they grow properly.

Fascinating. I tried reproducing this on the Linux version(and Windows, via Proton) on Steam. Trying the different languages you mentioned(& a few others), but all seems fine there on v1.5.4.

So perhaps it's a GOG only bug.

-------------------

nils333, hasn't been around for a while. But, thanks to their save; I can see what the corrupted fruit trees look like in the save data.

XML:
<item>
          <key>
            <Vector2>
              <X>74</X>
              <Y>63</Y>
            </Vector2>
          </key>
          <value>
            <TerrainFeature xsi:type="FruitTree">
              <growthStage>4</growthStage>
              <treeType>-1</treeType>
              <indexOfFruit>0</indexOfFruit>
              <daysUntilMature>-39</daysUntilMature>
              <fruitsOnTree>3</fruitsOnTree>
              <struckByLightningCountdown>0</struckByLightningCountdown>
              <health>10</health>
              <flipped>false</flipped>
              <stump>false</stump>
              <greenHouseTree>true</greenHouseTree>
              <greenHouseTileTree>false</greenHouseTileTree>
              <shakeLeft>true</shakeLeft>
            </TerrainFeature>
          </value>
        </item>

It's glitched in the save for the following reasons:

First, the "treeType" is set to '-1'.
Next the "indexofFruit" is set to '0'.
And, it's missing the "fruitSeason" data.

---------------

In order to fix it, The broken values will need to be edited to one of the following depending on the fruit tree it should be.

Banana:

"treeType" = 7
"indexofFruit" = 91
"fruitSeason" = island

Mango:

"treeType" = 8
"indexofFruit" = 834
"fruitSeason" = island

So, here's the earlier broken example switched back to a Banana tree.

XML:
<item>
          <key>
            <Vector2>
              <X>74</X>
              <Y>63</Y>
            </Vector2>
          </key>
          <value>
            <TerrainFeature xsi:type="FruitTree">
              <growthStage>4</growthStage>
              <treeType>7</treeType>
              <indexOfFruit>91</indexOfFruit>
              <daysUntilMature>-39</daysUntilMature>
              <fruitsOnTree>3</fruitsOnTree>
              <struckByLightningCountdown>0</struckByLightningCountdown>
              <health>10</health>
              <flipped>false</flipped>
              <stump>false</stump>
              <greenHouseTree>true</greenHouseTree>
              <greenHouseTileTree>false</greenHouseTileTree>
              <shakeLeft>true</shakeLeft>
              <fruitSeason>island</fruitSeason>
            </TerrainFeature>
          </value>
        </item>

And, obviously with any save-editing make a backup before hand. Or if you need help let me know.
But, here's the wiki section on save editing for reference as well: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Edit_a_save

----------
Fixed version of nils333's save included below.
----------

Just a final note. I'm adding a custom save; partially born out of nils333's save for quick access to the island; for testing purposes.
Obviously, there's endgame spoilers & such within; but I've cleared the areas so there's plenty of space to plant, and adequate supplies & money.
It's the "BrPtMango_290076558" file.

So, if any Steam/GOG users want to help test out, & report back with extra confirmation if it's a GOG-only bug. Or any extra info that'd help; especially since there's a beta on Steam for the upcoming 1.5.5 update.
That'd be welcome.

Attachments

Quirinea

Farmer
Yeah, I've got my game from GOG. I'll try to check this (not today, it's almost midnight here). And see if I can fix my running game. I'm testing mods through playing and as this is a hobby, not work, those are not just "test games". (and e.g. checking whether the mail for "Leo's birthday" comes correctly needs at least two and half ingame years: first year no Leo, second year Leo on Ginger Island third year Leo in Pelican town).

Quirinea

Farmer
Testing... Used the BrPtMango save.

Started the game in German, planted some Banana and Mango into greenhouse and both to SDV farm anf Ginger Island farm. Nothing visible outside, a blank square in Greenhouse
(4. Frühling)

Saved. Switched to English. Planted some more Bananas and mangos. Saplings look normal. Stayed on Ginger Isl.
(5. Spring)

"Dein Unkraut Baum konnte letzt Nacht nicht wachsen"
(16 Frühling)

"Dein Mango Baum konnte nicht...
(18. Frühling)
The saplings at G.I. have nothing disturbing them, I move back to SDV.

(19. Frühling: "Regina von Katzenjammer" was too long a name for a cat. Blah.)

"Dein Unkraut Baum konnte letzt Nacht nicht wachsen"
(23 Frühling)
(24 Frühling)
etc. I have not found the sapling...

(4. Sommer)
Got four houseplants from the greenhouse mango and banana trees... And from GI trees
The ones outside on base farm seemed to drop something like black bars (my inventory was full)

Found the not growing "Unkraut" sapling on GI, but there was nothing too close. another glitch interfering?

5. Sommer.
GI: The trees I planted "In English" are bearing fruit.
SDV: Checked: the "prison bar trees" that are outside dropping black bars that disappear. The trees planted on the "English day" bear fruit. The trees in Greenhouse act as the trees in GI.

Now I'll exit and try the fix on save.

Last edited:

Quirinea

Farmer
I fixed part of the trees in the save and that worked (for the ones fixed). My emacs choked. Eight M^Gigabytes and constantly swapping... So I gave up. (I'm a Linux user, for the record).
A funny glitch for houseplant that had dropped from a "bar tree" It changed when clicked: 7 different ones. And none of them is that plant that it is dropping.

Attachments

Testing... Used the BrPtMango save.
-snipped for brevity-
Nice, thanks for all the testing! I'll probably forward this to the current beta thread(even though it's Steam-only at the moment) so ConcernedApe can double check the GOG version for the upcoming update to v1.5.5

I fixed part of the trees in the save and that worked (for the ones fixed). My emacs choked. Eight M^Gigabytes and constantly swapping... So I gave up. (I'm a Linux user, for the record).
A funny glitch for houseplant that had dropped from a "bar tree" It changed when clicked: 7 different ones. And none of them is that plant that it is dropping.
Oh, nice! For save editing on Linux; I personally use Geany with the PrettyPrinter Plugin. And, that works really well for me. As I've had similar issues with apps choking on the large saves.

That's a pretty funny glitch though; houseplant decor tree!!

Quirinea

Farmer
Revisited. As the 1.5.5. came available through GOG I tested this again, trying to plant a Banana tree. Using StardewFinnish: sapling disappeared. OK. Lets try another language. Spanish: sapling disappeared. English: sapling is there.
I'll see what happens if I start the game without mods (see if it is possible with that save...)
OK it was not possible. Tried to rename the Mods folder (so SMAPI but no mods) and the save would not launch). Let's see if I have another save that will (and has GI!)

Last edited:

Quirinea

Farmer
New message for clarity:
I had another save which I could launch without mods. Tested on Spanish, German and English. Only in English the sapling was visible after planting.
And I noticed something odd at Island trader: As you see, the menus are partly (mostly) in the "previous" language, not in English. Switching another direction does not "leave residue".
English_after_Spanish.png
English_after_German.png