Solved [BUG?/HELP] Machines Ready: 1

xavea

Greenhorn
I have set up the farm computer and it is generally super helpful. However, I seem to perpetually have one machine ready. I've been around and around my farm, inside every building, inside the cave, in the cellar, everywhere I can go on my farm. And I have no machines waiting to be tended. I even checked before and after collecting the slime balls from the slime hutch to see if it was counting that. The incubator in my slime hutch has been going for a really long time, so unless it is ready and just won't hatch because I have too many slimes, I don't know what it could be. If it is my slime hutch incubator, you'd think there would be a notification like the coop incubators saying that there is an egg ready but no space.

I can't for the life of me thing what it could be. It obviously doesn't make anything unplayable, it's just a tad annoying. I can upload logs or whatnot if any are needed. It's been consistent through several rounds of logging on and off now, so it wasn't a temporary issue. I am on Windows 10 going in through Steam. As far as I know I am running the latest version, there was at least one update after the 1.5 content release.

Thanks for any and all help!

ISSsloth

Farmer
I'd check to make sure you didn't put anything outside the farm like the backwoods. I have that same problem but with my Email. I have 178 unread messages and I can't for the life of me find them.

xavea

Greenhorn
I'm pretty sure that isn't it. It wasn't until I started searching around about the machines to see if this was a known or reported bug and stumbled into a reddit thread that I even learned I can place things outside the farm. Now I have a resin farm set up in the spa area and I can confirm that they don't affect the number of machines the computer reads, because I have ten trees that I tapped same day to tell me when the resin farm is ready and the other 45 trees don't show up on the computer readout, even though they are ready to harvest when the ten on my farm are.

xavea

Greenhorn
So I did figure it out. It was the slime hutch after all. I killed all but 4 of my slimes, overnight a new slime hatched, and now after collecting everything else, there are no machines ready. It was pretty frustrating but now I also learned that there is a limit on slimes before no more will hatch, it just won't tell you that there is no room like a coop does.

Odin

Staff member
It was pretty frustrating but now I also learned that there is a limit on slimes before no more will hatch, it just won't tell you that there is no room like a coop does.
A message would be handy!

Mandyz123

Newcomer
I have set up the farm computer and it is generally super helpful. However, I seem to perpetually have one machine ready. I've been around and around my farm, inside every building, inside the cave, in the cellar, everywhere I can go on my farm. And I have no machines waiting to be tended. I even checked before and after collecting the slime balls from the slime hutch to see if it was counting that. The incubator in my slime hutch has been going for a really long time, so unless it is ready and just won't hatch because I have too many slimes, I don't know what it could be. If it is my slime hutch incubator, you'd think there would be a notification like the coop incubators saying that there is an egg ready but no space.

I can't for the life of me thing what it could be. It obviously doesn't make anything unplayable, it's just a tad annoying. I can upload logs or whatnot if any are needed. It's been consistent through several rounds of logging on and off now, so it wasn't a temporary issue. I am on Windows 10 going in through Steam. As far as I know I am running the latest version, there was at least one update after the 1.5 content release.

Thanks for any and all help!
For me it was the "statue of perfection" that I placed in a far away corner.

Quirinea

Farmer
I wondered the "machine ready" when I was keeping a random item in the auto-grabber (it disturbed be that it could not be opened when empty and I solved that by putting something in). And then noticed that it was announced ready when there was something.