PC [BUG] Gus famous Omelet Quest failed because of strange logic?

mork

Newcomer
when I started the Gus Famous Omelet Quest, I counted that, with the two eggs I collected the same morning, I would be able to complete the quest just in time. The quest failed because even if I delivered the 24 eggs in Gus' Fridge (acknowledged by the game), the game wanted me to collect 24 eggs. The problem is, from the 24 delivred, I collected 2 eggs just before launching the quest.
Where's that even more funny, is that I bought one egg during the quest and this one was counted as collected.
So, the quest failed, because the game has a very strange logic on this...
Wouldn't it be more simple to have the quest considered as a success as long as the eggs are delivered? It would make more sense.

imnvs

Local Legend
See, the thing about the special orders from that board? They're all designed so that it's just as easy for someone who just got 4 chickens and someone who has had 4 chickens for 5 years of game time. It's so that people can't stockpile and then satisfy these orders. All of them, you have to harvest and deliver after accepting the special order.

mork

Newcomer
That's what I was assuming, but still it's very non convinient. Like I said, it doesn't seems fair that the eggs I collected the very morning I took the quest are not counted just because I took the quest after collecting the eggs.
All of this just looks like a way to try to circumvent the fact that the game is done in such a way that food has no expiration date.

imnvs

Local Legend
I know it isn't convenient. It's not supposed to be.

And the eggs collected that day not counting? That's why folks typically recommend checking the special orders board right away on Monday mornings.

And it's not to circumvent the fact that food has no expiration date. It's to make it so that people in advanced farms can't instantly satisfy every special order as soon as they accept it. It's to make people in advanced farms have to work for it too.