Switch [BUG] Golden Walnut Bug?

Nagarkos

Newcomer
Hey there

is there a bug where a walnut can glitch out of the game?
I collected 129/130 walnuts but I just can't find the last one. Problem is, I think the last walnut has glitched out of the game.
I'm talking about the walnut which I have marked with the red circle (In the top left corner).
When I tried to collect it, it jumped out of the screen and I had no chance to collect them.
The parrot gives no more clues (Yes, I have already collected the 7 walnuts for which there are no hints) and the overview at Mr. Qi shows 129/130.
Is that a bug and can I no longer complete the 100%?

WalnutHelppls.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

imnvs

Local Legend
Yes, it is a bug. If you'd searched at all, you'd have found dozens of threads. It affects all platforms that have the 1.5 update.

imnvs

Local Legend
So I can no longer achieve 100% with this profile?
Sadly, until the bug is fixed with a patch, anyone playing on a system that doesn't have file access (so that you can edit your save file), you're kinda stuck, yes. For those with that access, I made a guide on how to fix it (link in my signature), but... yeah, that doesn't help you much. CA did acknowledge this issue, though, and said a patch to fix it was in progress.

If it helps, actually getting perfection does unlock a few things... but the things unlocked aren't game-changing, really. You get a new and improved chicken, a new statue that gives you a prismatic shard per day, and a new area where you can see a neat cut-scene (and just about nothing else afterward). I mean, everything you get is objectively awesome, but beside the cut-scene, it's just improved versions of things you already have.

danthewamen

Newcomer
Hi! I’m having the same issue. Can you link to ConcernedApe acknowledging the issues and working on it? I just want peace of mind knowing a patch is in the works.

Mmdavis95

Newcomer
Hi! I’ve had a similar problem sitting at 129/130 but my parrot still gives me one hint: 1 hidden in the west. Anyone have any idea if this is part of the glitch or not? I have checked the wiki lists a ton and as far as I can tell I’ve gotten them all, but I haven’t seen anyone mention this issue while the parrot is still giving hints.

imnvs

Local Legend
Hi! I’ve had a similar problem sitting at 129/130 but my parrot still gives me one hint: 1 hidden in the west. Anyone have any idea if this is part of the glitch or not? I have checked the wiki lists a ton and as far as I can tell I’ve gotten them all, but I haven’t seen anyone mention this issue while the parrot is still giving hints.
If the parrot is still giving hints, you still need that walnut. The bug is with the count, not the individual markers so far as we can tell.

First, have you received all the journal scraps? You can't find the walnuts listed in those until you have found the scrap. Otherwise, I would recommend going one by one through the wiki again.

MissDandy

Farmer
I would recommend going one by one through the wiki again.
Just wondering, is this the best way to find all of them, or is there a really good video of how to find them all out there somewhere? I'm on the switch and haven't had any problems so far, but I'm still missing 10 and haven't the slightest clue where to start my search for them.

Ereo

Helper
Just wondering, is this the best way to find all of them, or is there a really good video of how to find them all out there somewhere? I'm on the switch and haven't had any problems so far, but I'm still missing 10 and haven't the slightest clue where to start my search for them.
There are videos out there, but I prefer to use the wiki. For me, it's easier if I don't have to pause the video and it's easier to skip back on written text.

MissDandy

Farmer
There are videos out there, but I prefer to use the wiki. For me, it's easier if I don't have to pause the video and it's easier to skip back on written text.
Good point! I'll use the wiki. I honestly didn't know the wiki had all the locations of the walnuts. Thanks!