Solved [Bug] Ginger Island - Can't dig up buried nut

LiannaDrake

Newcomer
So I was randomly digging in spots in the sand on the west side of the island and, after finding nothing, eventually gave up and moved on. I later found and read Journal Scrap #4 and when I went back to dig there I discovered I couldn't because I already had in my previous search. I've checked several times over many in game days but none of my dig spots are disappearing so I can dig there again.

My skills menu says I currently have 9 nuts. The walnut door says I've found 69/100 nuts. However, my save file says goldenWalnuts:10 and goldenWalnutsFound:70

And the foundBuriedNuts section lists these locations for the west area:
IslandWest_30_75
IslandWest_88_14
IslandWest_39_24
IslandWest_21_81
IslandWest_43_74
IslandWest_62_76

Ereo

Helper
Is the problem that the spot you hoed stays tilled? You can untill them with a pickaxe.

If the problem is that one doesn't register in game, you can edit the save file to change that.

LiannaDrake

Newcomer
Is the problem that the spot you hoed stays tilled? You can untill them with a pickaxe.

If the problem is that one doesn't register in game, you can edit the save file to change that.
I didn't know the pickaxe could do that, but that did the trick! Thank you!

I'm having the same problem as OP, however, pickaxe-ing the tile after hoeing doesn't work. Are there instructions on how to edit the save file to remedy this?

Ereo

Helper
I'm having the same problem as OP, however, pickaxe-ing the tile after hoeing doesn't work. Are there instructions on how to edit the save file to remedy this?
Does the pickaxe not undo the hoeing?

if you have the wrong number of nuts, you can try two things: if you’re not on mobile, open the chatbox and type in \recountnuts

if you have access to your save file, you can upload it to the Stardew valley checkup to see what exactly is wrong. It’ll tell you which ones are missing and if you have a miscount.