PC [BUG] Game crashes in splitscreen when entering Home

chinamarc

Newcomer
Kernel: 5.10.10-arch1-1
WM: bspwm
CPU: Intel i7-4790 (8) @ 4.000GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
nvidia: version 460.39

Me and a friend started playing together in local co-up using the steam remote play feature. Because my friends internet connection was really bad, he spontaneously disconnected from steam completely. I, who still had Stardew Valley in local co-up mode open, was waiting for him to come online again so I could invite him through steam again. After he reconnects with steam remote play, everything worked, but at the moment one of us wanted to enter our home to go to sleep, the game would freeze and then crash after 10 or 20 seconds.
This bug was easily reproducible. It was always the same scheme: I start split screen => invite friend => friends disconnects due to internet connection => he eventually reconnects => enter home => game crashes

Other than that the game is awesome. My friend bought the game as a workaround. We really love stardew valley. Keep up the good work!💪

Odin

Staff member
Can you share your most recent error log? (Crashes don't always produce an error log, so you may not see any in the folder).
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs.
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/.
If you have SMAPI installed, the best way to share a log is via https://smapi.io/log. Thanks!