PC [Bug] Game crashes during Fishing minigame (Error File attached)

Sicarious

Greenhorn
I managed to get the game to crash twice in short succession under a specific set of circumstances while Fishing. Each time, the game would freeze for a second, then close.
  • I had the "Extended Family" Qi special request active (accepted earlier that day) and was fishing in the Angler spot
  • I was using a "Master" enchanted rod, and had eaten Qi Seasoned Seafoam Pudding for a total Fishing level of 16
  • I had a Cork Bobber and Wild Bait equipped to my rod
  • I had drunk Ginger Ale and had a Lucky Ring equipped (total +2 luck)
  • Fisher/Pirate profession choices for Fishing
  • The fish was going to be a perfect catch (so far at least)
  • Singleplayer, English language
On 1.5.4, Steam version. I wasn't having any performance issues, have no mods installed, and have never experienced such a crash before despite playing the game since before 1.1.
For the first crash, I assumed it was a one-off thing, but I got the exact same crash again within 10 minutes after restarting the game, which makes this seem like a specific bug.

EDIT: I've now gotten the crash in several other places many times. The game has also crashed while fishing in the Legend and Crimsonfish spots, otherwise under the same conditions. In total, I've managed to replicate this crash 11 times now. Error files are basically identical each time, sample files for both first and last crash before I stopped playing included.

Attachments

Last edited: