PC [BUG] Game Crash - Changing sound device

Pepeas

Newcomer
When changing sound device on windows 10 the game will crash.
My guess this is not a huge issue for most. However I use wireless headphones and if I walk outside of my pc range to grab food or a drink and forget to leave my headphones near my pc, and my headphones disconnect, windows will switch to the next enabled sound device and the game will crash and be forced to restart the day.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, unfortunately this is an issue that is complicated to work out, so the game will always crash if you change audio inputs while playing the game. the fix for now, is at least easy-- just keep your headphones plugged in when playing or keep them unplugged

hopefully this can be fixed someday though!

Lew Zealand

Helper
FWIW, I just updated to 1.5.3 and this bug is still extant. Not a big deal and easily avoided, I just stumbled on it yesterday when unplugging my headphones.

Wuselding

Cowpoke
I am using an USB-Headset, my game does not crash then. When I start the game without headphones, it does not switch to my headphones, when I started it with my headphones and plugg them out, the sounds crashes but not the game though. The sound will not come back after replugging my headphones.