Switch [BUG] Framerate drops to basically 0 when facing fore breathing lizard in skull cavern

Baronic

Greenhorn
When in multiplayer split screen mode, on switch, game becomes unplayable when facing fire breathing lizard in skull cavern, particularly when he breathes fire. Probably too much particle effects? Unplayable and when I face him I have to place a ladder and skip that level.

Not tested in single player.

K9houser

Newcomer
I am having the exact same issue on Switch split screen co-op. The issue is so bad it makes skull caves unplayable. The lag caused my wife to pass out in the caves and she lost a bunch of good items.

Baronic

Greenhorn
I carry a ladder with me (crafted from 100 stones) to skip when that level when I see the dragon for now

Skyndred

Newcomer
Same issue here. Split-screen co-op lags at regular intervals and when facing the fire-lizard it's like 4fps. unplayable.

imnvs

Local Legend
I am having the exact same issue on Switch split screen co-op. The issue is so bad it makes skull caves unplayable. The lag caused my wife to pass out in the caves and she lost a bunch of good items.
Not to diminish the frustration this has caused you, but I feel the need to clarify, passing out due to it hitting 2am can not cause loss of items, only being knocked out by loss of health to monsters. Your wife must have been KOed, though the lagging display may have prevented you from seeing it happen.