Solved [BUG] Character stuck in animation after using horse flute

Mylo

Newcomer
I used my horse flute to call my horse, then I accidentally called it again when trying to mount it, my character first got stuck in the front view even if moving sideways, then tried to use a tool to get unstucked but gor stucked anyways in the mining animation. I couldnt move or do anything, the game was still going, my cat and animals still moved around and made sounds, so the game didnt froze. Had to stay like that until 2am and my character woke up just fine the other day. I havent had any issues after that, but thought I might report this anyways, to me it seems like a problem caused by using that item in rapid succesion or something among those lines. Here's a screenshot on how my character was stuck. Also im not using any mods, just plain vanilla in the latest version
wat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Odin

Staff member
This should be fixed in 1.5.3, but please mention if it's still an issue for you after updating. From the patch notes:
Potential fix for various cases where the player could get stuck/soft-locked in an animation after using a tool. This fixes the Horse Flute softlock, and may potentially solve getting softlocked while trying to fish (on the Beach dock/during the Festival of Ice minigame, etc.).