Switch [BUG] Can't move empty chest after house expansion

Jade3173

Newcomer
As stated in the title, after the house expanded the chests in the kitchen that were up against the wall can't be moved even after emptying them out. Have tried every tool to try and get them to move but they won't. Can still place chests and pick them back up, but these two are stuck

imnvs

Local Legend
Screenies?

Have you tried kicking them? (No item selected in bar, just repeated "clicking" on item.)

Jade3173

Newcomer
I'm assume that clicking is pressing Y on switch? If so, then yes. Not at switch at the moment, will update with a screenshot when I get the chance, probably not till tomorrow though

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay... how about trying to put something in them and kick/push them? As if you were trying to pick them up, but with something in them... and see if dislodging them that way, after you clear them out, allows you to pick them up.

morguebear

Greenhorn
For what it's worth, I am having the same problem with one of my chests. Have no idea why. maybe it'll get fixed in the next update?

LeamonLeaf

Newcomer
I am on PC and this bug happened after I walked into my newly expanded house & got a dinner cutscene. Ever since then I can walk through these chests, and use them, but they don't budge at all q.q

kolony

Newcomer
I assume this has never been fixed? I too can move through my chest and can no longer move it after house expansion