Mac [BUG] Audio Crash (no sound) + Lag on MacOS Monterey

awenare

Newcomer
Hi there - I've been experiencing this bug where pretty much for each in-game day, the audio cuts off a while into the gameplay and the game itself starts being extremely laggy. This happens at random times/locations while performing various actions, and I was able to reliably reproduce it 10+ times. It is pretty severely breaking the gameplay to the point of unplayability.

Generally, I have to restart the game to correct the issue and get the audio back. However, the fix only works again for a few (in-game) hours. A (really bad) workaround I found so far is to play the soundless + laggy game, go to sleep so it saves, and then relaunch the game.

This can be temporarily fixed by downgrading to the legacy version (in Steam properties), however, I do not anticipate you'll keep supporting the compatibility version forever. I've tried a full reset of the game, uninstall, reinstalled multiple times. I am not using any third-party audio devices, only the built-in speakers, which work perfectly for other applications.

I am running the game on MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) - it ran perfectly in the past (even on this very machine), so I'm not anticipating any specs-related issues.

I could not find any error logs on my Mac, besides a single SMAPI export (just to confirm the bug was happening numerous times before I installed mods/SMAPI and kept happening after I uninstalled SMAPI). The Build ID is: 7929960

Any help is greatly appreciated and let me know if any additional info would be helpful. I also have recorded footage of this so can upload it to YouTube and share it if needed. Also sending love and appreciation to ConcernedApe + the team, because this is a wonderful little game :)

orang

Newcomer
Hello!
I have the same issue with the game. After 5 minutes of playing the music and the sounds starts lagging but not just the sound the entire game too. It stays like this for a couple of minutes and after this the sound comes back sometimes. I have no idea why this is happening but its pretty annoying. I'm using macos high sierra and a 2011 macbook pro. Maybe the problem is that the computer is old but the sound works perfectly on other programs. The only fix to this i could find is restarting the game. I'm not familiar with steam so I couldnt do anything there. Sorry if I made grammatical mistakes english is confusing. pls help me.
end my suffering this is so annoying