Mobile [BUG] Artifacts found not showing in collection

Ereo

Helper
When I find a 2nd instance of the item, it is showing me the tooltip describing it rather than the standard “Gunter can tell you more...” that you would expect if it was still outstanding. I also tried taking my second Elven Jewelry into the museum to see if that would resolve the issue but was told I had nothing to donate.
Doesn't really help the issue, but museum and collection tab are separate from each other. Collection tab is supposed to be grey until you find the item, whether you give it to the museum or not has nothing to do with it.

So it is possible to still get the "Gunther can tell you more about it" description for an item already in your collection tab.

The other way round shouldn't be possible though, anything you donated to the museum should be in your collection, because you had it.

imnvs

Local Legend
The other way round shouldn't be possible though, anything you donated to the museum should be in your collection, because you had it.
The other way around shouldn't be possible... in a single-player game. I know that this is about mobile, which doesn't support multi-player, but I wanted to make sure anyone else coming along, that missed that bit, wouldn't have bad expectations.

shmelse

Newcomer
Doesn't really help the issue, but museum and collection tab are separate from each other. Collection tab is supposed to be grey until you find the item, whether you give it to the museum or not has nothing to do with it.

So it is possible to still get the "Gunther can tell you more about it" description for an item already in your collection tab.
100% correct, good point. I was trying to describe all the behavior in hopes that the bug fixers might squash this but hadn’t entirely separated out in my head what was and wasn’t related.

having played a bit more, can confirm that you can complete the museum achievement and get all the museum rewards even with grayed out spots on the collections tab - so the bug is annoying b/c it’s harder to tell what you’re missing but it doesn’t stop game progress which is good.

can also confirm that I believe the bug is related to fishing. when I acquire the same artifacts through non-fishing means (dig spots or artifact trove) it finally fills in the spots on the tab.

Dodgegirl09

Farmhand
I restarted a game as I lost my pumpkin rarecrow in the first so I cannot receive the last achievement, I have been playing the new game for a few weeks and collected two ancient swords, the first I gave Gunther and sold the other a few days ago. I was just looking at the collection page and it's not showing. Very frustrating.

Attachments

Odin

Staff member
This should be fixed in 1.4.5.150! This update was released for Android on January 4, 2020 and for iOS on January 14, 2020. Please mention if this issue has happened to you with a newly found artifact since updating the game. Please note the current versions on mobile are 1.4.5.151 for Android and 1.4.5.153 for iOS, so please make sure you're on the latest versions before reporting this.

Ang16s

Greenhorn
This should be fixed in 1.4.5.150! This update was released for Android on January 4, 2020 and for iOS on January 14, 2020. Please mention if this issue has happened to you with a newly found artifact since updating the game. Please note the current versions on mobile are 1.4.5.151 for Android and 1.4.5.153 for iOS, so please make sure you're on the latest versions before reporting this.
I first downloaded the game in late January 2020 and still have this problem on iOS — the elven jewelry and amphibian fossil remain shadowed out despite having donated them to the museum.

Game is up to date as of Jan 31, 2021

(version 1.4.5.153 installed)

Odin

Staff member
I first downloaded the game in late January 2020 and still have this problem on iOS — the elven jewelry and amphibian fossil remain shadowed out despite having donated them to the museum.
It's unfortunate that you experienced this issue, but the patch that fixed this is only going forward. So if you had this issue prior to the patch, it's not going to be able to fix those artifacts, but you shouldn't see this again going forward. Of course, if you do see the issue again with a newly found artifact, please report that here!

Florr

Newcomer
It's unfortunate that you experienced this issue, but the patch that fixed this is only going forward. So if you had this issue prior to the patch, it's not going to be able to fix those artifacts, but you shouldn't see this again going forward. Of course, if you do see the issue again with a newly found artifact, please report that here!
the trouble continue, im bugged with an artifact that i gave to museum and appear grey.

Odin

Staff member
the trouble continue, im bugged with an artifact that i gave to museum and appear grey.
You'll have to find another one, but won't have to give it to the museum, if I understand things correctly.
Is this an artifact you've found since mid January? If it was from before then, the fix does not apply to previously found artifacts. And donating it to the museum is a good way to confirm that you have found that artifact, but the collection tab is supposed to display artifacts as soon as you find them, so yes, donating to the museum isn't a necessary step.

LadyLily06

Newcomer
I’m playing on switch fully updated and am having the same issue. I donated the amphibian fossil but it’s not showing up in my collections tab.

Owensbt

Greenhorn

Game is up to date as of Jan 31, 2021

(version 1.4.5.153 installed)
Same problem. Found my second Nautilus fossil yesterday (first was given to Gunther a long time ago). Version 1.4.5.150 on Android.

Still showing as ??? in the log. I tried shipping it, but that didn't help, so I reloaded the old game and tried dropping and picking it up as well as just sleeping with it in inventory.

Don't think this bug is fixed yet.

Odin

Staff member
Same problem. Found my second Nautilus fossil yesterday (first was given to Gunther a long time ago). Version 1.4.5.150 on Android.

Still showing as ??? in the log. I tried shipping it, but that didn't help, so I reloaded the old game and tried dropping and picking it up as well as just sleeping with it in inventory.

Don't think this bug is fixed yet.
Huh, thank you for reporting that. Worth mentioning there's no "trick" to making artifacts appear in the collection tab, they're supposed to appear there as soon as you find them, and selling or donating won't resolve it if the issue is still occurring.

Hello Odin,
Reporting the bug on my iPad. Downloaded the game in March (version 1.4.5.153) and items found in treasure chests while fishing do not show in the artifacts collection tab though they can be sold and added to the museum.
Thanks for your help!
8D6AAC47-3447-422B-ABE8-29C7C66EB919.png

B9B42D20-D15B-48C7-86E2-E25FD15842A6.png
1CA7ABAE-5267-4D61-BAC3-407222596935.png

Odin

Staff member
Based on people's reports, it seems like this problem occurs with artifacts found from fishing chests. Has anyone experienced this issue with an artifact they found from an artifact spot, or another source that isn't fishing?

Owensbt

Greenhorn
Based on people's reports, it seems like this problem occurs with artifacts found from fishing chests. Has anyone experienced this issue with an artifact they found from an artifact spot, or another source that isn't fishing?
That's a smart question. I'm not positive, but it could very well be that I only got the shell from fishing

Sailorgirl08

Newcomer
Same here. I've completed the collection and got the achievement but nautilus shell and prehistoric tail are still grayed out on my collections tab