Mobile [BUG] Artifacts found not showing in collection

Owensbt

Greenhorn
Based on people's reports, it seems like this problem occurs with artifacts found from fishing chests. Has anyone experienced this issue with an artifact they found from an artifact spot, or another source that isn't fishing?
I think I have helpful intel for you.

I had two Nautilus fossils and it was still gray. I stopped fishing and just hit dig spots for a few weeks and finally got another one. Sure enough, the one I dug up triggered the image.

So... I think you are on the right track around the fishing thing.

Odin

Staff member
I think I have helpful intel for you.

I had two Nautilus fossils and it was still gray. I stopped fishing and just hit dig spots for a few weeks and finally got another one. Sure enough, the one I dug up triggered the image.

So... I think you are on the right track around the fishing thing.
That's great, thanks for providing that info!

AuraRavenwolf

Newcomer
same problem :( (amphibian Fossil)
Just wanted to point out I have the same problem (nautilus fossil and amphibian fossil, both from fishing treasure, both in museum) on Android. Also it's been over a year since the quoted response was posted. Apparently still no fix on an updated game.

imnvs

Local Legend
Just wanted to point out I have the same problem (nautilus fossil and amphibian fossil, both from fishing treasure, both in museum) on Android. Also it's been over a year since the quoted response was posted. Apparently still no fix on an updated game.
Apparently it was a low-priority bug fix since you can find those artifacts in another way that is known to work.

suzette312

Newcomer
I know this thread is a bit out of date but I've been having this issue on my android. I've donated the ancient seed and have the recipe but it still shows up as ??? in my collections tab. I tried deconstructing some seeds and Gunther wouldn't accept it. It's sitting there with all the other stuff I've found at the library. I even got the achievement and star as well as the stardrop. It just also stills says "???" in collection tab.

Ereo

Helper
I know this thread is a bit out of date but I've been having this issue on my android. I've donated the ancient seed and have the recipe but it still shows up as ??? in my collections tab. I tried deconstructing some seeds and Gunther wouldn't accept it. It's sitting there with all the other stuff I've found at the library. I even got the achievement and star as well as the stardrop. It just also stills says "???" in collection tab.
You have to find another one to fill out the collection tab, but the bug is only visual and doesn't influence the game. The collection screen has nothing to do with the museum donations.

Peggy77

Sodbuster
What I finally discovered after this same thing happening in a whole bunch of games is that (at least on my Android tablet) when you get something in a fishing treasure chest, it is not showing up in your collections tab. 😟.

One way to get around it is hope to get another one through some other means such as a monster drop or from an artifact spot. One of the things I kept getting from a treasure chest is/was the skeletal tail. I would turn it in at the museum but it never showed on my collections tab. I've learned to use my hoe on the dirt spots in the mines from levels 5 to 29 and I can almost always get another one and that one ends up showing in my collections tab.

I find quite a few ancient seeds when I fight the flying bugs, the crawling grub thingies and scythe the fiber in the Mutant Bug Lair in the sewer so if you have access to that area, maybe try to get another from there.