Switch [Bug] A Legendary Fish won't spawn in its normal location in summer after starting a fishing quest from v1.5 [legendary fish spoilers in post]

niky

Newcomer
Hi,
I was working on catching the crimsonfish in summer on the easternmost pier on the beach.
I had seen the crimsonfish spawn a few times but was not able to catch it (because I'm not good at the fishing mini game). Then I accepted one of the new quests by the scientist "help with fish overpopulation" and it had me catch 10 Red Mullet. Since accepting that quest, I was no longer seeing the crimsonfish spawn. I thought it was just because I had a fishing quest active, but then after the quest was over I still have not been able to spawn crimsonfish in the same location in summer.
I have not yet caught the crimsonfish and have double-checked that I am fishing in the correct locations, correct season, correct times, and also double-checked I have not caught it yet.
No error text, just the fish used to spawn during the summer in a certain location and now it will not even though I have not caught it yet.
Game version: 1.5
In-game language: English
Single or multiplayer: Single player

Geoman265

Tiller
Hi,
I was working on catching the crimsonfish in summer on the easternmost pier on the beach.
I had seen the crimsonfish spawn a few times but was not able to catch it (because I'm not good at the fishing mini game). Then I accepted one of the new quests by the scientist "help with fish overpopulation" and it had me catch 10 Red Mullet. Since accepting that quest, I was no longer seeing the crimsonfish spawn. I thought it was just because I had a fishing quest active, but then after the quest was over I still have not been able to spawn crimsonfish in the same location in summer.
I have not yet caught the crimsonfish and have double-checked that I am fishing in the correct locations, correct season, correct times, and also double-checked I have not caught it yet.
No error text, just the fish used to spawn during the summer in a certain location and now it will not even though I have not caught it yet.
Game version: 1.5
In-game language: English
Single or multiplayer: Single player
I don't know why it would do this, but it might be possible that the game thought you had caught the fish, and made it so you couldn't catch it. I know that the legendary fish show up in the collections, is it there? I don't know if the files from a switch save can be accessed, so someone with experience with coding would have to help with that.

niky

Newcomer
I don't know why it would do this, but it might be possible that the game thought you had caught the fish, and made it so you couldn't catch it. I know that the legendary fish show up in the collections, is it there? I don't know if the files from a switch save can be accessed, so someone with experience with coding would have to help with that.
Thank you for the reply! No it's not in the collections unfortunately, I'm trying to catch all the fish and it's one of the few I haven't been able to catch yet.

Geoman265

Tiller
Thank you for the reply! No it's not in the collections unfortunately, I'm trying to catch all the fish and it's one of the few I haven't been able to catch yet.
Ah, okay. Unfortunately, I won't be able to help you further, except to say that you might just have reverse dream luck.