Switch [BUG] 1.5 Feast of the Winter Star crash

GromitLV

Newcomer
I am on the Switch in year 7 with Linus as who I'm supposed to give my gift to. I have met Leo but he has not yet moved to town. I did talk to everyone there before trying to give my gift to Linus and no one gave me a gift. I also tried entering the town at different points and times and giving different gifts. I'm sorry I am not able to use the predictor link. I hope this helps figure things out. Thank you.

catboy_tylerr

Greenhorn
i've had the same problem on switch! year 4, attempted to give demetrius a bean hotpot, and right after he says he likes it, the screen fades to black and claims an error occurred. gonna skip the event this time, but still, it sucks :(

imnvs

Local Legend
i've had the same problem on switch! year 4, attempted to give demetrius a bean hotpot, and right after he says he likes it, the screen fades to black and claims an error occurred. gonna skip the event this time, but still, it sucks :(
Complete the Community Center, get to Ginger Island, make friends with Leo (at least 4 hearts), and you shouldn't see this again.

imnvs

Local Legend
Having the same issue. How did everyone fix it? Or did you just skip it?
If you see this happen, currently the only way to avoid the bug is to avoid the festival, yes. The bug isn't the error that crashes your game, it's the fact that Leo was assigned to give you a gift and he isn't there.

ellyll

Cowpoke
This still seems to be an ongoing issue :( Year 5 for me and it’s glitched! If what others have said it’s true then it’s because Leo hasn’t moved to town yet, will work on progressing that and hopefully it’ll fix the issue