Solved [BUG] [1.5] Coral and Sea Urchins foraged on Ginger Island Farm Beach (south of Birdie) are not affected by foraging professions (Gatherer, Botanist)

• Observed behaviour: after several passes on the beach west of Ginger Island's farm, foraged coral and sea urchin never makes use of foraging profession perks (Gatherer, Botanist). In other words, they never get iridium quality, and never get doubled.
  • Expected behaviour: the foraging of these items to be affected by such profession perks, the same way foraged items do elsewhere (specially Pelican Town beach, where items of the same type reside).
  • Other info of note:
    1. Player character has both professions (Gatherer, Botanist). Not tested with only Gatherer.
EDIT TO ADD: Looks like the same happens with coral, shells and urchins from the first few floors of the hardest version of the mines (the one that is a Qi's challenge). However, it does not seem to happen with the ferns you find from level 40 onwards.

Last edited:

maxoverload91

Greenhorn
I've had the same issue, also with both gatherer and botanist perks on my character. Have not tested with just gatherer.

Looks like the same happens with coral, shells and urchins from the first few floors of the hardest version of the mines (the one that is a Qi's challenge). However, it does not seem to happen with the ferns you find from level 40 onwards.

Kulfyr3

Greenhorn
This happens with all the forage that spawns on the new beach map as well, seems to affect a lot of the newly added forage spots.

Edit: It's worth mentioning that the new forage spots don't even give you any gold or silver quality forage either, they're normal quality no matter what forage level you got or if you have botanist. This seems unintended, as it didn't work like that for anything except crab pots before.

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
This should be fixed as of 1.5.2! Please mention if it's still an issue for you after updating.

This should be fixed as of 1.5.2! Please mention if it's still an issue for you after updating.
Everything normal as far as I saw, however I've seen floating around on the forum that it kept happening to someone on the sea coral on the difficult version of the mines? Can't find the thread right now.