Are you practicing self-care? What have you changed in your routines?

Journi

Planter
What the titles says.

I have changed my dental routine, I have decided to oil pull before I eat and it feels really good when I brush afterwards. :)

THere are other things I changed like: I started to meditate and I feel calmer. :)
I just really hope these changes will stick around when everything gets back to normal.

tommybob

Planter
I have made a few changes

I am cooking much more and making new and more interesting things
I got mosturiser for my hands because alcohol gel wrecks my skin! As well as general skin care changes, feels good!
Being English I drink a ridiculous amount of tea, so I have moved to a decaff tea now, no different at all in the flavour and stops my caffeine levels getting too out of control.

Before the lockdown I was working on losing weight, I got down from about 85kg to 75kg between Jan - March, got to say that has gone a bit out the window so I will go back to dieting I think!

Blue_Three

Cowpoke
At first I didn't make any changes for the better. On the contrary, I kinda let myself go/was in somewhat of a mild depression mid-March to April. Just didn't feel like doing anything really and simply wallowed in self-pity. Corona coincided with somewhat of a heartbreak situation, so the two combined didn't do me no favors.

For the last two weeks it's been pretty good though. Cooking is good and, yes, I've definitely upped my skincare game too. My skin should not be looking as good as it does given the stress of the virus. I go running every morning around sunrise for about 30-40 minutes.
And of course Stardew has helped. It's so good to have tasks to fulfill and stuff to look forward to.

I don't think I've heard the word "meditation" more any time than in the last one month. I guess people are just looking for an answer. We all got the time too.

Grimzy

Planter
I've got some skincare routine tips for all!! I live in California... and our water here...seems to really dry out my skin as opposed to Canada water. (I lived in Canada for a year and a few months) Anyway! A fix for it is I now have started using salt scrubs containing some kind of oil. (Mine is Eucalyptus oil with Dead Sea salt) So I use body wash or soap first! Then the scrub and it exfoliates so nicely ^_^ and leaves my skin soft and not dry due to the oil!

Journi

Planter
I'm glad all of you are taking care of yourselves! :D
<3 It makes a big difference in your mental health. :)

Ennoshima

Planter
I've been learning to let go of toxic people -- no matter how much it may hurt me because I don't want to let them go.

I've been practicing taking time to myself, too, and just doing things I enjoy! I've also been trying to teach myself new things, and grow a new garden! (Starting off with some Aloe).
Been doing a better skincare and hair care routine too -- since there's not many places to go anyway.

I'm also practicing how to manage and live with my social anxiety. ^^

Journi

Planter
I've been learning to let go of toxic people -- no matter how much it may hurt me because I don't want to let them go.

I've been practicing taking time to myself, too, and just doing things I enjoy! I've also been trying to teach myself new things, and grow a new garden! (Starting off with some Aloe).
Been doing a better skincare and hair care routine too -- since there's not many places to go anyway.

I'm proud of you Ennoshima. :D

tommybob

Planter

Sounds tough but you got this. Work hard and be happy, I hope it all helps you :junicheer:

Potatoes

Farmer
I have a problem with lots of racing thoughts and emotions fluctuating. My therapist suggested I try and be more mindful of what I'm feeling so I've started drawing little doodles of my emotions which has also kind of evolved into some diary comic stuff, which has been a little helpful. I've also been trying to ride my bike a few days a week and trying to cook an new meal once a week. Also trying to not be as hard on myself for playing "too many video games," that's a self care that seems to be really helpful in these tough times.

Potatoes

Farmer

Good luck, it's tough but you can do it. Also an aloe was the first plant I ever started growing now I have several house plants!

Ennoshima

Planter
Good luck, it's tough but you can do it. Also an aloe was the first plant I ever started growing now I have several house plants!
Thank you -- I still have very slight contact, but I'm learning to eventually break off entirely.
I know it's not wrong to reply, but I also know it's not the best option when trying to break off from something toxic.
Either way, I'll get there fully!

Do you have any tips for growing them, if it's not too much of an inconvience to ask? ^^;
(I only say that because idk if there's a long process, despite it being an easy plant to grow -- I just wanna try my best to get these lil ones to grow, so I use Aloe in a lot of my routines)!

Ennoshima

Planter
I have a problem with lots of racing thoughts and emotions fluctuating. My therapist suggested I try and be more mindful of what I'm feeling so I've started drawing little doodles of my emotions which has also kind of evolved into some diary comic stuff, which has been a little helpful. I've also been trying to ride my bike a few days a week and trying to cook an new meal once a week. Also trying to not be as hard on myself for playing "too many video games," that's a self care that seems to be really helpful in these tough times.
I have this problem too! I won't go into detail of my own problems -- and I don't want the "spotlight" either. Just know you're not alone in how you feel and such. :heart:
I've been teaching myself new, small things almost everyday too -- just pacing myself mostly so I don't overwhelm myself, or get into a mindset of hopelessness. ^^;
The whole video game stigma is really taxing to say the least -- mostly for those who use it as a way to cope and find peace, I also have to remind myself that it's ok I have an interest in video games, and play them to keep myself/my mind occupied.

Ennoshima

Planter
I try to be, being sympathetic and having empathy helps the world wonders, also it leaves a funny taste when I try not to help someone even though it's through a computer screen. :)
I can totally relate and understand that.
(It's probably why I have such a hard time detaching myself from even toxic people -- but it's also why I'm trying to learn to do that).
IRL or computer screen -- I try my best to be someone positive, you never know what someone is going through, and even the smallest of empathy/care could be the entire world to someone in that moment! :>

Potatoes

Farmer
Thank you -- I still have very slight contact, but I'm learning to eventually break off entirely.
I know it's not wrong to reply, but I also know it's not the best option when trying to break off from something toxic.
Either way, I'll get there fully!

Do you have any tips for growing them, if it's not too much of an inconvience to ask? ^^;
(I only say that because idk if there's a long process, despite it being an easy plant to grow -- I just wanna try my best to get these lil ones to grow, so I use Aloe in a lot of my routines)!
I know they like indirect light, ours sit in a little kitchen window we have that's pretty sunny. We also water it once every two weeks. I know that if they get dark and kind of mushy that means they are over watered (it's good to make sure they're in a pot with holes on the bottom).

I try to walk the path of happiness, so I try to take care of myself as well as I can, I'm all alone after all. Course there is always work to be done, and while it probably would do me good to stay inside and let my leg heal, there's still a lot of work to take of outside.

Ennoshima

Planter
I know they like indirect light, ours sit in a little kitchen window we have that's pretty sunny. We also water it once every two weeks. I know that if they get dark and kind of mushy that means they are over watered (it's good to make sure they're in a pot with holes on the bottom).
Thank you! That's more than enough for someone who is learning to grow Aloe. I'm sure I can figure out the rest/research as time goes on -- I just wanted a bit of an opinion from someone who has currently had experience with growing them. ♥
I mentioned in some replies before -- but I'm learning how to do new things every few days, something to keep me occupied and feeling not so trapped. ^^;

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i am trying to take more showers and brush my teeth more often. :cry: a lot of simple things like that have fallen by the wayside over time, but admittedly i don't think quarantine really had much to do with it

i'm trying to be less hard on myself for not being "productive" every single day. i'm at that point in my life where there's lots of things i can do in a day, and "sit down and play game" is sometimes on the top of that list. it's hard to not feel guilty about it but i'll get better at dividing my time and having a day off once in a while

when i'm feeling very stressed out or depressed, i've opted to write poems, even if they're small or unpolished. it's helped me regulate my emotions a bit and you make something that might actually be pretty cool in the process :laugh: i'm getting better at, you know, this whole social media culture we live in now, everything you make you feel like you have to share it. so i'm getting better at just keeping some stuff to myself, and adding value to it without needing to show it to others

tommybob

Planter
i am trying to take more showers and brush my teeth more often. :cry: a lot of simple things like that have fallen by the wayside over time, but admittedly i don't think quarantine really had much to do with it

i'm trying to be less hard on myself for not being "productive" every single day. i'm at that point in my life where there's lots of things i can do in a day, and "sit down and play game" is sometimes on the top of that list. it's hard to not feel guilty about it but i'll get better at dividing my time and having a day off once in a while

when i'm feeling very stressed out or depressed, i've opted to write poems, even if they're small or unpolished. it's helped me regulate my emotions a bit and you make something that might actually be pretty cool in the process :laugh: i'm getting better at, you know, this whole social media culture we live in now, everything you make you feel like you have to share it. so i'm getting better at just keeping some stuff to myself, and adding value to it without needing to show it to others
It's super okay to be unproductive even if you are in a situation like me where I am still doing my job from home 5 days a week. I have days where I am unproductive but on the flip I have days where I am super productive.

Lazy days I try to make my unproductive mood in a fun way, try doing something that's just fun where I can lose my mind for a few hours.

Getting rid of social media accounts was a big step in the right direction for me!