Mac Apple Silicon Mac Controller and other issues

Blayde

Newcomer
Platform
2022 M2 Macbook Air
Ventura 13.1
Latest Steam SDV Version

Hello, I've been playin starred valley for a long time but recently got a new MacBook Air with apple's m2 processor. I am wondering if the game will ever be updated to run natively on the new processors or if bug fixes will be able to be applied to the existing version that runs under apples Rosetta emulation. The major issue I run into with is using controllers. I can't get an xbox controller to work at all. I can sort of get a ps4 controller to work, but there's lots of issues with it. I have to use a mouse to make up for it. Most in game menu's aren't useable or are barely useable with the controller. Often it's like the the cursor doesn't line up with the thing you want to click on and you end up clicking on something else or just nothing at all. Also the game is cut off a little bit at the top, as it does not account for the notch on newer Mac laptops. The game also crashes every time the host of a multiplayer game ends the session, not a huge deal since we are ending the game but thought id mention it. Maybe anyone else trying to play on apple silicon Macs can list bugs they have ran into as well. Game is up to date of course, and I am running the steam version.

Blayde

Newcomer
no love for the Mac version :(

Also when trying to place a building from robin, it's like the cursor has a constant downward motion. I have to fight it by pushing up on both sticks. its nearly impossible to place something where you want it.

Parsnip Hero

Greenhorn
We had an issue like this recently on an older Mac but still on Ventura.

The fix was to put the game into Windowed mode via the in-game options.

It was driving us crazy! I had to create a forum account to share this in hope it helped you too.