An error occurred in the base update loop: System.Exception: Error on new day:

Thanks for the log. Seems to be an error with the children.

Code:
18:02:56    ERROR    game    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.Characters.Child.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Characters\Child.cs:line 355
   at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9707
   at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__716_2() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8714
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
I see you have a couple mods that affect them.

Code:
17:59:15    TRACE    SMAPI       ChildToNPC (from Mods\ChildToNPC\ChildToNPC.dll)...
17:59:16    TRACE    SMAPI       Child Age Up (from Mods\ChildAgeUp) [content pack]...
You may want to test if it's them by temporarily removing them; and then try loading.

I have seen the occasional other issue of children having the same names as other NPCs; which can cause issues.
But, try the above first.

Polar45

Greenhorn
The problem was indeed the children, my first child had the same name as one character of the adventurer's guild and that was causing the bug. I manually changed the name of my kid, and also had to install the mod atravitas interaction tweaks the help fix the issue.

To anyone having a similar issue here is how to change the name of your child by the files of the game, and please install the mod above to help fix the problem.

Thank you for helping me :)

Just helped another user with this before your update.
You can edit the name as you mentioned, but Atravita's mod isn't required. Looks like, among other things; it just automates moving the kids back to the farmhouse.

But, if you're editing the save to change the name, it's best to just move the child while you're there as well. Saves a lot of time, and no external mods needed.

This guide has the basic steps; only instead of removing, we "cut" the data.

Then paste the childNPC data back in under the FarmHouse characters section:
Code:
 <player>
 <locations>
    <GameLocation xsi:type="Farm">
    <GameLocation xsi:type="FarmHouse">
      <characters> -insert here- </characters>

Tweedledee

Greenhorn
Hello,
I have a similar error, could you help me?
My game was working normally with all mods, until I try to save it, it doesn't save and the screen goes black. When I look at SMAPI it is repeating
"An error occurred in the base update loop: System.Exception: Error on new day"

I had to edit the log, as the error repeated several times and became very long.