Allow PC controller buttons to be remapped

Tarpii

Greenhorn
Hi,

This is probably Nintendo's fault for reversing the confirm / cancel functionality of the A and B buttons, but that's what I've got used to and it's hardwired into my muscle memory.

I've been struggling to play on PC controller as the two main buttons for confirm / cancel have opposite actions from the Switch.

When trying to remap buttons in game, SDV tells me that the button Is already in use. I think I might be able to remap the keys in Steam, so I will try that next, but would be nice to achieve this in game.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
Let me posit a theory for you... pretend A is mapped to "confirm" and B to "cancel"... maybe it won't let you map A to "cancel" because it is mapped to B already?

If you mapped B to anything else, then mapped A to "cancel" and then B to "confirm", does that work?

Tarpii

Greenhorn
Thanks imnvs, I will give it a go, however I'm not convinced it will work as the controller mappings aren't shown on screen, so there's nothing for me to 'unmap' in the first place. I will give it a go tonight as well as trying through Steam.

Tarpii

Greenhorn
Yeah, tried again but there's no way to unmap and remap the buttons within SDV. I can remap through steam though, so there's one workaround.