Question Adding New Fences

BarelyGood

Farmhand
Hello,
I am looking to create a mod that adds new kinds of fences to the game. I have done some recolours of the iron fence in the game as mockups to test with. They are attached to this post. I was looking at the documentation for JSON Assets and it seemed to me they only support images that are 16x16 for craftables or 16x32 for big craftables. But the fences in the game files are 48x352. A quick look around Nexus shows most mods retexture the existing fences, but I'm yet to find a mod that adds new fences that the player can craft.
Now I could just be missing something, so I am looking for help. Does anyone know if I can add new fences to the game using JSON Assets or can point me in the right direction? Should I use the content patcher instead? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
BronzeFence.png
GoldFence.png
IridiumFence.png

Person090

Planter
Hello,
I am looking to create a mod that adds new kinds of fences to the game. I have done some recolours of the iron fence in the game as mockups to test with. They are attached to this post. I was looking at the documentation for JSON Assets and it seemed to me they only support images that are 16x16 for craftables or 16x32 for big craftables. But the fences in the game files are 48x352. A quick look around Nexus shows most mods retexture the existing fences, but I'm yet to find a mod that adds new fences that the player can craft.
Now I could just be missing something, so I am looking for help. Does anyone know if I can add new fences to the game using JSON Assets or can point me in the right direction? Should I use the content patcher instead? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
View attachment 1132View attachment 1133View attachment 1134
Looks cool so far

BarelyGood

Farmhand

BarelyGood

Farmhand
Good news! Spacechase0, the creator of the JSON Assets gave me an early build of the mod that supports fences. I've attached a screenshot of my achievement :). I may make a new thread in Mods in the near future to detail the progress on this project if anyone is interested.
Mockup.png

Odin

Staff member
Good news! Spacechase0, the creator of the JSON Assets gave me an early build of the mod that supports fences. I've attached a screenshot of my achievement :). I may make a new thread in Mods in the near future to detail the progress on this project if anyone is interested.
Those look great!