The 1.5 update is now available on iOS and Android! [Updated 1/7]

Jemi

Greenhorn
I wish he was able to split it up, since the port is taking so long.

Having a 1.4.5 that had the QoL updates from 1.5 and maybe the new request board / beach farm and just didn't have the island would be a huge addition, and I suspect adding in the island is a significant part of the porting difficulty.

AlS1983

Greenhorn
Hi all this is my first post on the forums 😊 anyway just holding out hope for the 1.5 update for mobile, hoping for Christmas, but at the same time not holding my breath. It will come when it comes. Until then I will continue patiently waiting with everyone else. Thank you CA for a great game!

Lauren1593

Tiller
I wish he was able to split it up, since the port is taking so long.

Having a 1.4.5 that had the QoL updates from 1.5 and maybe the new request board / beach farm and just didn't have the island would be a huge addition, and I suspect adding in the island is a significant part of the porting difficulty.
I’m not sure what occurred that forced CA to go to a new developer for porting, so it may well be that the new dev doesn’t even have the source code of the current mobile version. CA seems to be pretty tight lipped about this particular bit, so I can only speculate that things with the original porting devs didn’t go very amicably.

It will get done when it gets done, nothing the devs can do about that but just to give it their all (sans the whole crunch thing that plagues the industry).

nicodeux

Farmer
Thank you very much @Odin for sharing this update. :happy:

I would have love to get the 1.5 update on mobile earlier, but the replayability of patch 1.4 is really high and I still enjoy playing Stardew Valley almost daily on my mobile. Like many people, I prefer to wait for a quality update rather than a buggy one that was rushed.
So, I'm puzzled by people complaining that they have no longer interest in the game or no longer enjoy it because patch 1.5 is missing... :whistle:

[Original message removed]
Sorry, but I read that too many times and I can let it go once more without replying myself. And I took the liberty to mention @ConcernedApe here, not to get a reply from him, but because with all the negative and acerbic comments about mobile patch delay that he must have read, I believe he deserves positive feedback as Stardew Valley has many, many assets:
  • the character design is awesome, with NPCs that are enough stereotypical for players to easily know what to expect, yet NPCs have some depth in their storyline and personality, allowing players to really bond with them
  • endless customisation of the farm and farmer making each playthrough different
  • nice and cute graphisms with a SNES-like feeling that is like a cuddle for some players, reminding them of their childhood
  • there is a real ambiance in the game making it fun and even restful to dive in
  • different ways to play the game, leading to a great replayability
  • great updates that are free, like in the good old times (and because of that, I'm more inclined to buy official side products to support the game)
  • interesting texts and gossips: there is some tought that was obviously put into them and some of them even have depth and deal of complex topics like relationship or man-nature interactions. I even dare say that some texts are inspiring
  • the soundtrack is amazing and original, strengthen the ambiance and is probably one of the best I've listen to for the past decade
In a nutshell, the game is well crafted and a real attention was given to it in conception, writing and making. All by a single man who handled everything from design, art to technic.

Thus, I just can't believe that a man who obviously put so much heart and time in a game he made almost alone, can be the greedy and careless guy described by some users.

I agree, also, the mobile version is actually far cheaper than the desktop version (I have it on mobile, iOS AND android, as well as desktop). CA is not greedy, if he were, he'd be doing Free2Play (F2P) "freemium" for mobile, that's the model that practically monopolizes the app stores and holds people hostage to loads of microtransactions or videos in order to play (coming from someone who has dropped a couple of thousand $$$ in ONE f2p mobile game, which is still also loaded with ads lol)... he doesn't do that, at all. All mobile Stardew updates have been free after initial (and very inexpensive) purchase. He also doesn't do subscription, a single month of iOS (Apple arcade) subscription would pay for the game outright lol. He also updates for each iOS version to keep the thing running, and has for years. Thus Stardew Valley is a pay-once and play for years game that has also received years of free updates and continued support.

Yes, the mobile port is taking a while, at first probably because it made no sense to port with bugs still to be worked out on easier to develop-for platforms, and when it was time to be ported there was an unforeseen issue with the (hired) team doing the porting, causing them to have to begin anew with someone else, which is not CA's fault. Stuff happens, they let him down. If folks are going to get their metaphorical undies in a wad (this is humor), it might be nice to appreciate the full info. Stardew being a pay-once game is exactly why I bought it, because that is an ethical and value-based way to sell games that people appreciate (and is exceedingly rare on mobile); it generally causes better quality development to avoid the F2P model too.

Yes, it is a bummer no update yet, it's not CA's fault. Since the first one took 6 months before whoever was doing it let CA down, probably it'll take at least 6 more from the restart point, in which time it remains a great and entirely playable game albeit missing a bit of extra content. Probably it might be best for folks to adjust their expectations, and have some patience for an awesome (and prior to recently, lone) developer who doesn't port the game to mobile himself (he didn’t drop the ball). CA is dedicated to seeing the update on mobile and always has been.

Last edited:

ggchan

Tiller
5ut32y.jpg

Also, is it just me or I see a lot of sdv mobile players getting belittled and ridiculed for playing in the "worst" version of the game. (Looking at you, Stardew Valley discord). Geez, that copy pasta is getting on a lot of people's heads.

Anyway, still waiting...

Lew Zealand

Helper
View attachment 7322

Also, is it just me or I see a lot of sdv mobile players getting belittled and ridiculed for playing in the "worst" version of the game. (Looking at you, Stardew Valley discord). Geez, that copy pasta is getting on a lot of people's heads.

Anyway, still waiting...
Funny thing is I find much of the new 1.5 content to be less… Stardew Valley than previous versions. It’s certainly a game expansion and different but not in a way that resonates with me. Maybe because much of it takes place away from the Valley and it’s residents.

That said, as a PC/Mac player I have the choice to play that content or not and I understand mobile users’ frustrations.

Lol funny coincidence as this is my first post on the forum from a mobile device because circumstances. And yes I have SDV installed on here…

MrRoachKlip

Farmhand
View attachment 7322

Anyway, still waiting...
This made our day at work. I got a bunch hooked on the game here; most are playing on console but there is a few of us on mobile as well.

AndresStardew

Newcomer
I just hope that when version 1.5 is done, they solve some problems that I have seen in some parts of the forum, not only is it the inclusion of multiplayer and the other that is additional, there are also some bugs to fix

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 7322

Anyway, still waiting...
Whoa now. If anyone is making fun of you or being rude because you have mobile version, you should report it in the discord. Disrespectful behavior is against the rules, after all.

I will say too though that it can be frustrating for everyone. People are angry about how long the update is taking, but they take it out on the people who literally can't control it, like ConcernedApe. He did everything he needed to do very early-on for the mobile update, and even with the bad delays he still takes the brunt of the backlash and apologizes on their behalf. I know a lot of people have explained this over and over, and sure it doesn't stop people from being angry, but I think that's why there's tension everywhere. We should just be patient because it's out of our control.

ggchan

Tiller
Whoa now. If anyone is making fun of you or being rude because you have mobile version, you should report it in the discord. Disrespectful behavior is against the rules, after all.

I will say too though that it can be frustrating for everyone. People are angry about how long the update is taking, but they take it out on the people who literally can't control it, like ConcernedApe. He did everything he needed to do very early-on for the mobile update, and even with the bad delays he still takes the brunt of the backlash and apologizes on their behalf. I know a lot of people have explained this over and over, and sure it doesn't stop people from being angry, but I think that's why there's tension everywhere. We should just be patient because it's out of our control.
Just when some mobile users are expressing either frustration or excitement for the 1.5 update (and not being rude about it), some are just rude and insensitive and saying that 1.5 will never come to mobile and just play it on PC etc.

I trust CA that he won't make any promises that he can't keep and I'm patiently waiting and having my 4 farms ready for the update. And I understand that it is also out of CA's control. I hope that CA having to look for and hire a new team/company to port the update in mobile means he will also self-publish the mobile versions of SDV. Because I feel like Chucklefish doesn't care about Stardew Valley that much nowadays which contributed to the feeling of being abandoned or neglected some us mobile players have right now.

imnvs

Local Legend
I hope that CA having to look for and hire a new team/company to port the update in mobile means he will also self-publish the mobile versions of SDV. Because I feel like Chucklefish doesn't care about Stardew Valley that much nowadays which contributed to the feeling of being abandoned or neglected some us mobile players have right now.
He would have to learn an entirely new programming language in order to do so. It is more efficient for him to make the game and then get someone else to port it.

And yes, Chucklefish doesn't care, which is why they were replaced.

ggchan

Tiller
He would have to learn an entirely new programming language in order to do so. It is more efficient for him to make the game and then get someone else to port it.

And yes, Chucklefish doesn't care, which is why they were replaced.
Afaik, Chucklefish is the current publisher for mobile and the mobile version was by The Secret Police:
Screenshot_20211128-021201.jpg

CA also self-publishes for the console versions (PS4, X1 & NSW)

And also,
I can definitely understand this sentiment, and as someone that primarily plays on PC, it's true I can't understand the patience required of mobile players. But it's also true that ConcernedApe is working on many things, and that doesn't mean he's focused on just one thing and ignoring everything else.

The 1.5 update on mobile is still in the works, and it's not ConcernedApe himself that works on this process of bringing the update to mobile (just as he doesn't handle the updates for consoles directly either). And I'm not saying that to deflect criticism, it's CA's game and he's ultimately responsible for it. But there is someone working on this update, and that means CA can devote time to other projects without actually slowing it down, the same way a manager can oversee multiple projects. I'm sure the reality of it doesn't make the wait any easier, but I feel it's important to explain that Stardew Valley, while created by one person, is no longer a one-person operation.

Uhm... before we continue this conversation.
I know some of you are angry...
I understand the frustration of waiting for the game.
I don't know which one is true or not....not sure who is responsible for not keepinng the promise to make update for mobile users... Let's put that aside.

Let's remind ourselves not to point fingers directly at someone or a group of people...

Edit:
It's easy to judge...... The truth is we don't know what he/she has been through.
The worst is that we judge people when things we do not understand...

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
Afaik, Chucklefish is the current publisher for mobile and the mobile version was by The Secret Police:

CA also self-publishes for the console versions (PS4, X1 & NSW)

And also,
Yes, that's the information for mobile for ver1.4. The folks that ported 1.4 etc etc etc failed to port 1.5 in a timely manner and were replaced.

ggchan

Tiller
Uhm... before we continue this conversation.
I know some of you are angry...
I understand the frustration of waiting for the game.
I don't know which one is true or not....not sure who is responsible for not keepinng the promise to make update for mobile users... Let's put that aside.

Let's remind ourselves not to point fingers directly at someone or a group of people...

Edit:
It's easy to judge...... The truth is we don't know what he/she has been through.
The worst is that we judge people when things we do not understand...
Yep. I admit for a mobile player, it is really hard not to feel frustrated. Like:
5vqxx9.jpg

Sometimes, I wonder if the update will really come to mobile. :awe:

Yep. I admit for a mobile player, it is really hard not to feel frustrated. Like:
View attachment 7350
Sometimes, I wonder if the update will really come to mobile. :awe:
True. I agree.
I am aware that some people cannot afford a computer. That's the sad reality.
I understand that playing SV is a great escapism.
The worst part is that some highly underprivileged people cannot afford TV, computer, books or indoor games during Covid-19.
We are all aware that going outside is also extremely dangerous. -disease, guns, mugging, and unexpected attacks.
Telling them to stop going outside is unfair as well...

I know playing game saves a lot of lives of people.
Seeing CA willing to finish the update is a good sign despite the unknown situation he's been through.
Basically everybody has their problems in this situation....