A silly challenge

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I started at less than half. But I focused on getting them and found some cheese for some of them but spent litteraly four hours at an afk iron farm because I couldn't find a good place to mine for iron within a twelve thousand block reach around 0,0. But yes I prefer Java but don't have the option sadly, and yeah the new ones are horrible. Wax on wax off took two hours of litteraly nothing for a copper headband. But in the end I can't help but be upset that there's an achievement on Playstation for getting all the other achievements for the game but not on Xbox... rrrrr. But at least I can wait to get the new ones done as they come out now. And I somehow ended the achievements with "the beginning?" Cause the first time I spawned the wither it didn't give me the achievement
Honestly nowadays iron is really easy to get, I can get about 1000 an hour by just mining which is better than most iron farms on bedrock.

When I do achievement hunting I "stack" the achievements, if I were you I would have done the majority of the copper oxidizing as I was afk for iron etc.
There is most always a more efficient way to optimize something.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Honestly nowadays iron is really easy to get, I can get about 1000 an hour by just mining which is better than most iron farms on bedrock.

When I do achievement hunting I "stack" the achievements, if I were you I would have done the majority of the copper oxidizing as I was afk for iron etc.
There is most always a more efficient way to optimize something.
I kinda don't understand half of what you say in your post, but are you *only* mining for iron?

I've always been avidly against power gaming, but i tolerate it only as a playstyle. Realistically i feel it's a toxic attitude.

Farrow

Sodbuster
I hate Iron farms too I'd prefer to actively mine but I'm not going to fly with an elytra over ten thousand blocks for enough iron to make a beacon. And I couldn't find a working iron farm till after all my copper oxidized. It oxidized while I tried like five separate designs

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I kinda don't understand half of what you say in your post, but are you *only* mining for iron?

I've always been avidly against power gaming, but i tolerate it only as a playstyle. Realistically i feel it's a toxic attitude.
Well for one this was talking about minecraft which maybe it shouldn't.
I just fly around in caves looking for iron veins, the larger ones are way more common than people seem to believe and I usually find upwards of 5 per mining trip.
Then I just mine them, don't care about the collateral nor the ones I miss, 50% if the time mining a full iron vein nets you about 90% of the iron so there isn't a point to getting all, better to be efficient than wholly complete a task in my eyes.
I mine with silk touch and then fortune it up on a big grass field I have outside my main base area, jump boost, speed, and most importantly haste are great to have. when doing so.

That's basically it, I'm thinking of making an iron farm soon but I want a quad iron farm for about 1600 iron an hour which is good for bedrock edition.

And yeah, while i wouldn't consider this "power gaming", the term itself covers just about 90% of what I do in games.
My attitude towards it mostly stems from having a super busy and rushed life and therefore never really having much time for gaming in my life and having large aspirations of what I wish to do in them so I try to complete tasks in the most efficient way. This usually means utilizing task overlay which is doing more than one task at the same time to save time and make the most of being in one area in that game.
For example in stardew that means getting everything I need for the day in the "useless hours" the day before or smelting while completing other tasks.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I hate Iron farms too I'd prefer to actively mine but I'm not going to fly with an elytra over ten thousand blocks for enough iron to make a beacon. And I couldn't find a working iron farm till after all my copper oxidized. It oxidized while I tried like five separate designs
I mean all areas have basically the same percentage of iron, you just have to look, I very, very much doubt the approximately 40212352000 blocks in a 10,000 block radius around you don't have a sizable portion of iron.

Farrow

Sodbuster
I mean all areas have basically the same percentage of iron, you just have to look, I very, very much doubt the approximately 40212352000 blocks in a 10,000 block radius around you don't have a sizable portion of iron.
I would but it'd take strip mining which I refuse to do because it was boring as guck