A more advanced Golden Walnut tracker (Major 1.5 Spoilers)

So, I already 100% completed the game in the new update when married to Shane, now I am attempting it again now married to Alex. I want to see every spouse's dialogue at the summit. I am currently stuck at 124 walnuts and I have absolutely no clue where the rest are. I completed all the puzzles, dug up all the buried walnuts, found all the walnut plants, completed the field office and I no longer get walnuts from fishing, farming, mining, slaying monsters, breaking mussel rocks and opening golden walnuts. I have hit a brick wall with nowhere to go.

So, I thought of something that can really help. Make the "Perfection tracker" give more info one walnuts that may have no been found yet.

If you want more advanced info on walnuts, you can click the walnuts tab in the tracker and it will open up a new page. This will give you a list of quests and puzzles that have been completed.

Birdie's quest: Complete/Not Complete

Gem Birds: Complete/Not Complete

Banana Shrine: Complete/Not Complete etc

Field office collections: 0/4 Completed

Buried walnuts found: 0/18

Walnut plants found: 0/22

Walnuts found from Fishing: 0/5

Walnuts found from Farming: 0/5

Walnuts found from Golden Coconuts: 0/5

I think you get the idea by now. I'm completly stuck and there is really nothing to give me any advice or help. I can't tell if I truly am missing any walnuts or if there is something wrong with my save file.

Anyway, I do think this extra info can be a huge help.

Ereo

Helper
I think that's what the parrot in Leo's hut does.

Are there any walnuts he doesn't give hints for? I looked at the list on the wiki and it seems quite complete, maybe the dart game and Birdie are missing?

I think that's what the parrot in Leo's hut does.

Are there any walnuts he doesn't give hints for? I looked at the list on the wiki and it seems quite complete, maybe the dart game and Birdie are missing?
He doesn't give hints for walnuts that are "random chance" Like getting a walnut from harvesting crops, fishing, breaking rocks, etc. I've read that apparently there's 5 you can get from farming, fishing, slaying monsters, breaking rocks in the volcano, breaking dwarf capsules in the mines and breaking mussel rocks near the island farm. I've been to the parrot and all it does it "AWK!' Now. No hints or anything.

imnvs

Local Legend
I'd suggest going to Stardew Valley Checkup to see what it says about the walnuts you're missing... if you're even missing them. It'll tell you which are missing, where to find them... and if there's a problem. Some folks have found all the walnuts, but the count was wrong for some reason. They needed to edit their save file to fix it.

Ereo

Helper
He definitely gives hints for those:
The parrot in Leo's home will squawk hints for walnut locations when interacted with. If quantities are named, they will change as the player finds them.

Fire mountain...
Hidden down fire river...
Buried near bones...
Help man in tent...
[Quantity] buried in the north...
[Quantity] buried in the west...
[Quantity] buried in the south... [Quantity] hidden in the north... [Quantity] hidden in the west...
Bulging very close by...
Stripey slimes to the west...
[Quantity] stuck in shelly stones by shore...
[Quantity] grow on the farm to the west...--> farming
[Quantity] deep in the water...--> fishing
[Quantity] hidden in fire mountain treasures...
[Quantity] encased in fire mountain gadgets...
[Quantity] nutty stone in fire mountain... [Quantity] taken by monsters in fire mountain...
Hidden in the pages of the journal... [Quantity] buried...
Pirate's cove...
Bathing in the heart of the star...
Atop fire mountain...
Kribbit... Gurrrp...
Hidden shrine in rain forest...
Inside hard, gold thing...
If you're parrot doesn't have his, your game might be bugged. Try following @imnvs suggestion. You might have to edit the save file.

He definitely gives hints for those:

If you're parrot doesn't have his, your game might be bugged. Try following @imnvs suggestion. You might have to edit the save file.
I may just have to accept defeat. I don't know how to edit save files and I'd rather not bother anyone with my problem. Hopefully CA will have a patch for this issue soon.

Ereo

Helper
Don't worry about bothering people, if someone doesn't want to help nobody is forcing them :)

You can find out where to find you save files here: https://stardewcommunitywiki.com/Saves

I know there are some instructions how to edit in the help section, but if you're uncomfortable doing it you can also up upload your file to this thread and someone can help you edit it.

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, first... did you go to the checkup? Did it tell you something like "! Warning: Save lists a count of 127 but we found markers for 130" ? If so, the only fix will be to edit your save file. That's why I suggested you go there and check. And editing the save file to fix this? All you have to do is change one number in the file to 130, save and exit. I can walk you through it quite easily.

Okay, first... did you go to the checkup? Did it tell you something like "! Warning: Save lists a count of 127 but we found markers for 130" ? If so, the only fix will be to edit your save file. That's why I suggested you go there and check. And editing the save file to fix this? All you have to do is change one number in the file to 130, save and exit. I can walk you through it quite easily.
I don't understand how to put in the save file. I'm on a Mac and when it says "Choose file" I don't get the option for the file it requires. I'm really bad with computers of all types.

Ereo

Helper
I don't understand how to put in the save file. I'm on a Mac and when it says "Choose file" I don't get the option for the file it requires. I'm really bad with computers of all types.
Did you look at the link I sent you? It has an explanation where to find your save file for Mac.

tomaO2

Sodbuster
If that is the case, then the parrot should have been squawking that you need to help man in tent. It's odd that it wasn't