A list of suggestions

StarPlatinum

Farmhand
  • First suggestion: In Stardew Valley, long time ago, there was a war between dwarfs and krobus. Curiosity is knocking at the door while wonder about this event: if only existed a craftable time machine for traveling to that far and wonderful age...
  • Second suggestion: In the library, players can found a book that explains the creation myth of Stardew Valley's universe. According to that book, Yoba plant a seed from which the world emerged. My proposal is that there's one of those seeds in each save slot.
  • Third suggestion: Make Zuzu City playable, and also new villagers can come from the city and viceversa, they could leave the valley under certain conditions. There's no doubts about Halley will going to shop compulsively if Zuzu city become playable.
  • Fourth suggestion: An explorable forest dungeon.
  • Fifth suggestion: In the same way train visits the valley some times, airplanes and helicopters of JoJa Corporation should fly above the farm, proyecting a shadow in the floor where falls gifts and others curious objects.
  • Sixth suggestion: Who is Cannoli, and why he have a statue in the secret forest? Could be a legendary farmer, perhaps? Or the founder of the village? Players will love to know the secret behind.
  • Seventh suggestion: What if rebels soldiers of Gotoro Empire try to scape the war and, during the scape, they sink to Ginger Island instead of pass the ocean frontier? Willy could help by carry them to Stardew Valley to start a new life...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Eigth suggestion: Some nights, a fairy comes to the farm doing the harvest grow. Where lives those fairys? I ask myself. Every time I walk next the fountain near the civic centre, I think about ConcernedApe programing a The legend of Zelda reference: a fountain with fairys and craftables empty bottles. The last ones could have multiple applies, such as filling them with water, milk, tiny creatures as insects, sending cards trough the sea, etc... Being specific, the fairys only could be saw at high hours during night in special days, like the last day of the season, the three days festival or the birthday of a character.

Tell me, what are your first thoughts about?

Last edited:

MissDandy

Farmer
I really like these ideas! The only ones I would be a bit concerned about are the first one and the fifth one. My only reason for this is that first, time travel seems like it might be difficult to incorporate into the game time system. If you were to leave, would time stop in the valley? Would it go on and could you miss days? I'm sure this could be worked around however if maybe say, you enter a room that belongs in a different time (via warp), kind of like how you enter the Witch's hut. Time would have to continue in the valley, so maybe that could be a way it works?
The second this is that even though I love the idea of free stuff falling from the sky, I think the idea of SDV is that you escaped the busy and dull life of the city and are enjoying the finer things in life out in the peaceful countryside. Planes and helicopters have a real industrial feel to me (maybe it's just me) but I'm not sure if they would fit into the game the way the train does. I live in a small town myself way out in the country, and when you see a helicopter, it usually means that someone is in trouble and stranded in the woods, most likely injured. Again, maybe it's just me.

I love these ideas and I really would like to see some of them in the game! This is just my opinion, but I still really like the ideas as a whole.

StarPlatinum

Farmhand
I really like these ideas! The only ones I would be a bit concerned about are the first one and the fifth one. My only reason for this is that first, time travel seems like it might be difficult to incorporate into the game time system. If you were to leave, would time stop in the valley? Would it go on and could you miss days? I'm sure this could be worked around however if maybe say, you enter a room that belongs in a different time (via warp), kind of like how you enter the Witch's hut. Time would have to continue in the valley, so maybe that could be a way it works?
The second this is that even though I love the idea of free stuff falling from the sky, I think the idea of SDV is that you escaped the busy and dull life of the city and are enjoying the finer things in life out in the peaceful countryside. Planes and helicopters have a real industrial feel to me (maybe it's just me) but I'm not sure if they would fit into the game the way the train does. I live in a small town myself way out in the country, and when you see a helicopter, it usually means that someone is in trouble and stranded in the woods, most likely injured. Again, maybe it's just me.

I love these ideas and I really would like to see some of them in the game! This is just my opinion, but I still really like the ideas as a whole.
As far I know about time traveling, when someone goes to the past, the original time-line divides into two or more according of which number of travels were did. In simple terms, all time-lines coexist in the multiverse and each of them is a pararel universe, for that reason, phisicists talks on time travel with hypothesis and theoretical terms, because nothing has been demostrated till today.

Applying the theory to Stardew Valley, the time would pass normaly in the present when the player were in the past, but it's posible to return to the date of the first travel, so the idea is perfectly applicable and the farm would kept in the original status.

Glad to read your comment!

Tekalh

Cowpoke
Good ideas, but majority of them would take months to add to the game, maybe custom mods will suffice

One more upgrade to tools.

We can upgrade our Sprinklers one last time with Radioactive Bars. Why not our tools? Obviously it will be expensive. It's what, 25,000 for the last upgrade. For the final upgrade with Radioactive bars, it would be 50,000+. Pretty much sets Clint up for life, that.

Also, one more Fishing Rod.

MONEY SINK!

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
We can upgrade our Sprinklers one last time with Radioactive Bars.
No we can't. First, we don't upgrade sprinklers. We build bigger and better ones, and we can't build bigger and better sprinklers than iridium sprinklers. Second, how we can get something better isn't by upgrading but adding on... and what we do add on, the Enrichers or Pressure Nozzles, can not be crafted and do not cost radioactive ore/bars.

No we can't. First, we don't upgrade sprinklers. We build bigger and better ones, and we can't build bigger and better sprinklers than iridium sprinklers. Second, how we can get something better isn't by upgrading but adding on... and what we do add on, the Enrichers or Pressure Nozzles, can not be crafted and do not cost radioactive ore/bars.
You're completely ignoring the point of my post which is upgrading our TOOLS. I mean, we can enchant tools but that doesn't cost money, they cost Prismatic Shards, and anyway the enchantment is random.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
You're completely ignoring the point of my post which is upgrading our TOOLS. I mean, we can enchant tools but that doesn't cost money, they cost Prismatic Shards, and anyway the enchantment is random.
Well, yes, I know exactly what you said and what you were talking about. You are apparently forgetting, however, that you said that we can upgrade our sprinklers with radioactive bars and used it as the reasoning for why we should be able to upgrade our tools too. See, you said we should be able to upgrade our tools and why... but the reason that you used is incorrect/untrue meaning you need to find a new reasoning, a new "why" we should be able to upgrade our tools if it is your goal to have a reasoning to back up your suggestion.

'Upgrading' our sprinklers makes them more efficient.

Upgrading our tools also makes them more efficient.

And how many people have complained to have something to spend their money on this week eh?

imnvs

Local Legend
Hey, look, I'm not saying your idea is a pile of something best left unmentioned. In fact, if we're using radioactive ore for fertilizer (and we are), why not in our sprinklers too? I'm interested in the idea. I think it could use fleshing out and some better argument behind it is all.

So, about fleshing out... a bit more detail on what the upgrade would entail couldn't hurt, like were you picturing the standard "increase radius by 1 tile" sort of upgrade from the previous model? Or did you have something else in mind? Sprinklers that have built-in fertilizing effects could be interesting. There could be one that counts as an increase to growth speed and another that counts as an increase in quality, just because of atomic gardening.

For those interested: 'Atomic Gardening' Is A Real Thing (And We're Still Doing It), source: Cracked.com

The Bone Mill could do with being faster. Maybe knock an hour off it.

Considering you can get fertiliser instantly through crafting, but you have to wait four hours for a random fertiliser through the mill and bones are significantly more valuble, it's not very efficient, is it?

Well of COURSE I built one. It's next to my stable. It's good 'encouragement' to remind the horse I have other uses for him. But I don't use it much. Especially since I rarely get what I want.