A general thank you to everyone that reports spam

Odin

Staff member
I wanted to send a general thank you to anyone that's reported spam posts on the forums! Due to the way the report system is set up, often when we take action on a spam account, any related reports are automatically closed, meaning we don't get a chance to send a thank you for individual reports (unless we go in and re-open them, send a message, and close them again). But we do see your reports, and they are appreciated, even if we may not send a reply for each one.

Odin

Staff member
I was a bit worried to be a bother.
Not at all! Reports are really useful because they show up at the very top of the page, so it's the first thing we'll see when opening the forums and means we'll generally be able to handle them as soon as one of is one the forums, rather than us finding the rule-breaking post as we look through the forums ourselves. And if you're ever unsure if something is rule-breaking or you think needs attention because it's in the wrong section, that's fine to report too! Reporting is really just a way to bring something to our attention, and then we'll decide if it makes sense to take action.
In that case, I'd like to ask which one is easier for you: to report the spam account or the posts individually?
It honestly does not matter to us! What I will say is that you definitely don't need to make more than one report per spam account, so if one account has posted several threads, just reporting one thread or their profile is good, but that's more because I don't want anyone to spend more time making reports than needed.