Switch [BUG] 1.5 Feast of the Winter Star crash

amythepooh

Newcomer
Same problem! Year 3. Trying to give Gus an orange. I’m in the middle of the Qi fruit quest, if that matters.

Screen fades to black after the gift-giving dialogue, then crashes (before the gift-receiving scene).

Gamblemw

Newcomer
Im on year 5, Harvey is who i need to give a gift, tried coffee and truffle oil. Happened about 6 times before i joined forums lol

Ghostlymostly96

Greenhorn
Year 4, tried to give Shane a pizza multiple times. Crashed each time. Tried a beer instead thinking maybe the gift triggered a glitch, nope. The whole day was a glitch.

cx1286

Greenhorn
Year 3. This happens when I try to give Marnie her gift. I tried speaking to everyone first. Then speaking to no one. I tried a diamond and pink cake. 4 glitches, 4 restarts.

JL0591

Newcomer
My game also crashes right after Kent gives his response to my gift. I am able to do anything up to that point, but it crashes after his dialogue. I reproduces this crash twice.

Ereo

Helper
You don't have to stay on the farm, just don't enter the town between 9am -14 pm.

Any other area is fine, as is entering the town later that day.

lhgecko

Newcomer
Same problem! Year 3. Trying to give Gus an orange. I’m in the middle of the Qi fruit quest, if that matters.

Screen fades to black after the gift-giving dialogue, then crashes (before the gift-receiving scene).
This is my exact scenario right now down to a T! Gus does not seem to want the orange, I guess..

Vitharr

Newcomer
Nearly half-of-a-year later, same problem on the Switch; Year 3, giving Shane his gift, and the game crashes during the fade-to-black. I tried various gifts, including neutral ones, but all end with the game crashing. I am married to Abigail, with two toddlers naruto-running about, and currently have no quests active, if that assists with troubleshooting.

Zodira

Newcomer
Figured I'd chime in too.
Year 3 with Robin as the one I'm giving the gift too. Crashes right as it fades to black.

I tried giving her goat cheese or wine, tried doing nothing on the farm and even emptying my inventory except for the gift.

Guessing I'll skip the event. Still guna give her that cheese afterwards though XD

Odin

Staff member
Is everyone that's experiencing this issue on Switch or another console? Please mention if you're having the problem on a different platform!

Sillygrl7182

Greenhorn
I am also having this issue on the Switch, I am in year 4, gave my gift to Robin, and then error message. I was hoping to 100 percent the game but this is stopping me. Wondering if my special gift person is Leo, who is not in Pelican Town yet? Not sure.