Windows [1.6.3] Error when trying to start a movie in the theater

thehunor

Greenhorn
  • I entered the movie theater with Sebastian for a screening of It Howls In The Rain, played around a dozen rounds of the crane game, bought a Jasmine Tea, and then when I tried to enter the room to begin the movie, I got the error below:
''[Error] Event script error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[Error] On line #0: movieScreenAmbience''

1.png

• When trying to enter again, it said 'The movie was concluded'.
    2.png
  • Upon trying to leave the building, the game asked me to confirm if I want to leave without watching the movie, and when I tried to enter again, it said 'A movie is currently being screened, come back again later.'
    3.png

• Windows 10 (Steam)
  • Single-player
  • I have attached a zip of my save file

Thanks for the help in advance!

Attachments

greenbutton

Newcomer
I'm having the same issue, with the same error and patch. Some of the details are touch different for me:
  1. First movie showing in this save file
  2. Movie was The Brave Little Sapling
  3. Entered the theatre alone
  4. PC OS is Win 11

RocketBat

Newcomer
I encountered the same error myself.
1. Bug happened on Summer 1, Y3. Movie theater was unlocked the previous season, so the movie was "Journey of the Prairie King."
2. I had taken the dwarf to see "The Brave Little Sapling" the previous week, with the bug not occurring.
3. I had taken a few shots at getting something from the crane game, then gave Sandy some Cotton Candy before viewing the movie.
4. Fade to black, same message as these other examples, no movie was shown.
5. Sandy started at two hearts, and was still at two hearts after. Not all friendship was given to her through the event, since a loved movie plus a loved concession should've been an instant heart with any character. I tried to leave the building but the game said that I hadn't watched the movie, but also that the movie had concluded.

I'm playing on Windows 11, on a singleplayer file. Current game version is 1.6.5, I hadn't yet updated to 1.6.6 so this might have been patched already (though the patch notes didn't mention anything about the movie theater).