1.5 Mobile update suggestion: Multiplayer & dedicated Server support

Atten007

Tiller
Hi folks,

I recently played Stardew Valley on my iPad. My friend Christian has recently bought the game for his iPad and he wanted to play with me on my iPad farm. In Google, I searched for „Stardew Valley mobile Multiplayer“, but unfortunately, I only read that Multiplayer won‘t come for mobile devices. Dedicated server support with up to 8 / 12 / 16 players would be also very nice for many players! Now to my question: Can you please add multiplayer with the 1.5 update on Apples mobile devices and only for servers dedicated server support? On Android, Multiplayer is supported with the official Android SMAPI.

Sincerely yours,
Atten007😊

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
On android it isn't supported, only some scuffed mods have been able to somewhat recreate multiplayer but they are also waiting on the update too.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Also 12 - 16 players would just become a lag fest anyway, on PC you can do this with mods but the game becomes practically unplayable.

StardewKat111

Farmhand
Hi folks,

I recently played Stardew Valley on my iPad. My friend Christian has recently bought the game for his iPad and he wanted to play with me on my iPad farm. In Google, I searched for „Stardew Valley mobile Multiplayer“, but unfortunately, I only read that Multiplayer won‘t come for mobile devices. Dedicated server support with up to 8 / 12 / 16 players would be also very nice for many players! Now to my question: Can you please add multiplayer with the 1.5 update on Apples mobile devices and only for servers dedicated server support? On Android, Multiplayer is supported with the official Android SMAPI.

Sincerely yours,
Atten007😊
That sounds really expensive, especially w/ money and time being poured into CA's new game instead. Not to mention Stardew's Multiplayer on a good computer can get glitchy w/ that many players. Phones(and others) might just be very hard to get a good multiplayer function for, you might need to settle on staying solo. Ik it's only a suggestion, but a bit ambitious. Unlike PE Minecraft (which is owned now by an extremely large company with tons of money and server rooms, and is still extremely glitchy and poor), Stardew Valley may just not have enough resources or money to do something that big. I'm no expert though.