I hope you're enjoying the update so far and not experiencing any technical issues. The porting team and I have fixed a lot of bugs already, and there are several more that we are in the processing of addressing. Please make sure to update your app to get these important bug fixes. You may have to go in and do this manually in your app store. If you've updated the app and are still experiencing any issues, please report them here
One thing that I've noticed, is that many people are reporting missing save files, or are expressing confusion over some changes to the save file location in the new update. So I figured I would write this brief guide to explain some things, and hopefully help some of the people having issues.
Some general information about the new update
(note: chucklefish is no longer involved with stardew valley in any way, but when mobile first came out they were publisher on mobile, and I can't change the app package name after the game has been launched).
- In 1.4, save files were stored in a folder called "StardewValley", located in the root folder of your device (Main Storage).
- In 1.5, save files are in a new location. They are now located in Android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/saves
- To access your 1.4 save files in 1.5, they will need to be moved to the new location... otherwise they will not show up in the "load game" menu.
- Stardew Valley 1.5 will prompt you to do an automatic save transfer when you first open it. You'll need to find and select the folder called "StardewValley". Don't open the folder, just select it and tap "use this folder". If that succeeds, you should be able to play your old files right way. However, if that process fails for any reason, your files are not lost... you can still manually transfer your files (see below)
- Map screenshots are now located in Android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/screenshots
- Uninstalling the Stardew Valley app will delete all save files in the new save file location! Make a backup of your saves before you uninstall.
If you played mobile before 1.5, and then updated, you should have been prompted with a "Farm Migration" screen, which asked you to select the "StardewValley" folder so that your old saves could be transferred. This was a necessary change because of new security rules in the Android operating system. If that worked smoothly for you, and you were able to access your old save files afterwards, then great. However, if that process failed somehow, or you were unable to find the "StardewValley" folder, then please do the following steps:
How to manually transfer save files from the old location to the new location:
- Get a file manager app from the play store. I use one called "File Manager +", and it's worked well for me.
- Use the file manager app to navigate to the root folder of your device. This may be named "Main Storage" or something similar.
- Locate the "StardewValley" folder and open it
- Copy everything inside the folder
- Navigate to Android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/Saves (note: you may have to give the file manager app special permissions in order to see this)
- Assuming all went okay, you should now be able to see your old saves in the load game menu.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this new save file stuff, but if you have general bug reports, please post them in the bug report thread.