1.5 Android Save File Guide & Troubleshooting

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Hey everyone,
I hope you're enjoying the update so far and not experiencing any technical issues. The porting team and I have fixed a lot of bugs already, and there are several more that we are in the processing of addressing. Please make sure to update your app to get these important bug fixes. You may have to go in and do this manually in your app store. If you've updated the app and are still experiencing any issues, please report them here.

One thing that I've noticed, is that many people are reporting missing save files, or are expressing confusion over some changes to the save file location in the new update. So I figured I would write this brief guide to explain some things, and hopefully help some of the people having issues.

Some general information about the new update
  • In 1.4, save files were stored in a folder called "StardewValley", located in the root folder of your device (Main Storage).
  • In 1.5, save files are in a new location. They are now located in Android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/saves
  • To access your 1.4 save files in 1.5, they will need to be moved to the new location... otherwise they will not show up in the "load game" menu.
  • Stardew Valley 1.5 will prompt you to do an automatic save transfer when you first open it. You'll need to find and select the folder called "StardewValley". Don't open the folder, just select it and tap "use this folder". If that succeeds, you should be able to play your old files right way. However, if that process fails for any reason, your files are not lost... you can still manually transfer your files (see below)
  • Map screenshots are now located in Android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/screenshots
  • Uninstalling the Stardew Valley app will delete all save files in the new save file location! Make a backup of your saves before you uninstall.

(note: chucklefish is no longer involved with stardew valley in any way, but when mobile first came out they were publisher on mobile, and I can't change the app package name after the game has been launched).

If you played mobile before 1.5, and then updated, you should have been prompted with a "Farm Migration" screen, which asked you to select the "StardewValley" folder so that your old saves could be transferred. This was a necessary change because of new security rules in the Android operating system. If that worked smoothly for you, and you were able to access your old save files afterwards, then great. However, if that process failed somehow, or you were unable to find the "StardewValley" folder, then please do the following steps:

How to manually transfer save files from the old location to the new location:
  1. Get a file manager app from the play store. I use one called "File Manager +", and it's worked well for me.
  2. Use the file manager app to navigate to the root folder of your device. This may be named "Main Storage" or something similar.
  3. Locate the "StardewValley" folder and open it
  4. Copy everything inside the folder
  5. Navigate to Android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/Saves (note: you may have to give the file manager app special permissions in order to see this)
  6. Paste
  7. Assuming all went okay, you should now be able to see your old saves in the load game menu.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this new save file stuff, but if you have general bug reports, please post them in the bug report thread.

-Ape

Last edited:

IrishViking

Newcomer
Another good file explorer to access and modify save files in the new location is FV File Manager. Thanks the one I used.

Croakichi

Farmhand
Hey ConcernedApe,

would you please post the list of bugs you already are aware of? People post umpteen times about the same bug, maybe needlessly, but we can't really say what got lost in the flow of information and what you saw.

Last edited:

Creative WØlf

Greenhorn
Screenshot_20230113-110416.png

These are all that're appearing in my files, including any previously hidden ones, but I don't think any of them are what I need to copy my saves to

Tengo una duda sobre como debería quedar los archivos, en mis carpetas ya moví todo como se pide de forma manual, de la carpeta "stardew valley" hasta "android/data/com.chuck/files/saves" y aún así se me crashea el juego, me manda al menú principal y no abre la partida de la versión anterior.
capturas: la segunda es la captura de los archivos de una nueva partida en la versión 1.5 y la última captura es de una partida de la versión anterior, prácticamente son los mismos archivos y no me abre la partida

Attachments

Ylenia

Greenhorn
Tengo una duda sobre como deberían quedar los archivos, en mis carpetas ya moví todo como se pide de forma manual, de la carpeta "stardew valley" hasta "android/data/com.chuck/files/saves" y aún así se me crashea el juego, me manda al menú principal y no abre la partida de la versión anterior.
capturas: la segunda es la captura de los archivos de una nueva partida en la versión 1.5 y la última captura es de una partida de la versión anterior, prácticamente son los mismos archivos y no me abre la partida
[/COTIZAR]

A mi me paso lo mismo pasé mis archivos de la 1.4 y me volvio a la pantalla de inicio

JuanFran

Newcomer
Yo tengo un problema, me descargué el juego de forma pirata, pero ahora me lo he comprado de forma legal el problema que tengo es que el juego detecta que tenia una partida guardada antes y me sale el mensaje de añadir en la carpeta de 'Stardew Valley' yo le doy a seleccionar y no se me guarda en la carpeta, deduzco que no lo hace porque cada vez que ingreso en el juego me vuelve a salir el mensaje (a parte de que la carpeta está vacía) si hubiese alguna solución agradeceria q me respondiese :( Van en orden de aparación primero me aparece el mensaje, después la pantalla en de la carpeta y la ultima el mensaje nuevamente pero habiendole dado a seleccionar anteriormente
Screenshot_20230114-234556.jpg
Screenshot_20230114-234606_Files.jpg
Screenshot_20230114-234556.jpg

Odin

Staff member
should my farm get with the update or i need to make new one to catch with the fixes?
Existing saves will work with the update! You will need to start a new save if you want to play on the beach farm map added in 1.5, or if you want to try the new "remixed bundles" option for the community center, but everything else in the update is available for existing saves.

m.i1

Newcomer
Existing saves will work with the update! You will need to start a new save if you want to play on the beach farm map added in 1.5, or if you want to try the new "remixed bundles" option for the community center, but everything else in the update is available for existing saves.
thanks ...💗

did you find your save files in that second folder? if you manually transfer them, you can skip the farm migration prompt
When you open an old or new game it doesn't load the farm, it directly takes you out of the game and throws you the text that says "Stardew Valley has stopped". That is the problem.

Yo tengo un problema, me descargué el juego de forma pirata, pero ahora me lo he comprado de forma legal el problema que tengo es que el juego detecta que tenia una partida guardada antes y me sale el mensaje de añadir en la carpeta de 'Stardew Valley' yo le doy a seleccionar y no se me guarda en la carpeta, deduzco que no lo hace porque cada vez que ingreso en el juego me vuelve a salir el mensaje (a parte de que la carpeta está vacía) si hubiese alguna solución agradeceria q me respondiese :( Van en orden de aparación primero me aparece el mensaje, después la pantalla en de la carpeta y la ultima el mensaje nuevamente pero habiendole dado a seleccionar anteriormenteView attachment 13927View attachment 13928View attachment 13929
• Si no quieres que te aparezca el mensaje, renombra la carpeta "Stardew Valley" (puedes agregarle una letra o número al renombrarlo, por ejemplo: Stardew Valley1").

• Si tienes una partida guardada en alguna otra parte, como explicó ConcernedApe, puedes mover la carpeta de tus partidas manualmente a (/Android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/Saves).

Con eso tal vez se soluciona ese problema.

Crystal Lake

Greenhorn
Hey everyone,
I hope you're enjoying the update so far and not experiencing any technical issues. The porting team and I have fixed a lot of bugs already, and there are several more that we are in the processing of addressing. Please make sure to update your app to get these important bug fixes. You may have to go in and do this manually in your app store. If you've updated the app and are still experiencing any issues, please report them here.

One thing that I've noticed, is that many people are reporting missing save files, or are expressing confusion over some changes to the save file location in the new update. So I figured I would write this brief guide to explain some things, and hopefully help some of the people having issues.

• In 1.4, save files were stored in a folder called "StardewValley", located in the root folder of your device (Main Storage).
  • In 1.5, save files are in a new location. They are now located in Android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/saves
  • To access your 1.4 save files in 1.5, they will need to be moved to the new location... otherwise they will not show up in the "load game" menu.
  • Stardew Valley 1.5 will prompt you to do an automatic save transfer when you first open it. You'll need to find and select the folder called "StardewValley". Don't open the folder, just select it and tap "use this folder". If that succeeds, you should be able to play your old files right way. However, if that process fails for any reason, your files are not lost... you can still manually transfer your files (see below)
  • Map screenshots are now located in Android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/screenshots
  • Uninstalling the Stardew Valley app will delete all save files in the new save file location! Make a backup of your saves before you uninstall.

(note: chucklefish is no longer involved with stardew valley in any way, but when mobile first came out they were publisher on mobile, and I can't change the app package name after the game has been launched).

If you played mobile before 1.5, and then updated, you should have been prompted with a "Farm Migration" screen, which asked you to select the "StardewValley" folder so that your old saves could be transferred. This was a necessary change because of new security rules in the Android operating system. If that worked smoothly for you, and you were able to access your old save files afterwards, then great. However, if that process failed somehow, or you were unable to find the "StardewValley" folder, then please do the following steps:

1. Get a file manager app from the play store. I use one called "File Manager +", and it's worked well for me.
  2. Use the file manager app to navigate to the root folder of your device. This may be named "Main Storage" or something similar.
  5. Navigate to Android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/Saves (note: you may have to give the file manager app special permissions in order to see this)
  6. Paste
  7. Assuming all went okay, you should now be able to see your old saves in the load game menu.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this new save file stuff, but if you have general bug reports, please post them in the bug report thread.

-Ape
First off, can I just fan girl for a second? Thank you so, so much! Stardew valley let's me escape from my very stressful job and chaotic life to a place of peace and control and order. I'm so grateful for this game you've developed and that you took the time to update it on mobile for us.

When I first started playing 1.5, I noticed a lot of things that weren't working quite right. I.e. the junimos were picking the crops but not actually gathering them, the auto fight function only worked half the time, the auto grabbers would delete all of the last stack remaining in them, the clock was too big, and buildings were hard to move. I'm not sure if those things were because I transferred my save file to a new phone ( from a Galaxy S10+ to a Galaxy S22 Ultra) or because of the 1.5 update. In just a few weeks you, all of these things have been more ir less resolved. That's freaking amazing!

I was so happy to have the update that the bugs didn't bother me because I knew they would get fixed with time but wow! You fixed them so fast! You are awesome!!

Okay...so now that I've gushed, would you minf providing me with more information about the file manager app you use? I searched for "File Manager +" in the Playstore and wasn't sure which one that came up was the right one. As it will have access to all my files, I don't want to accidentally download a sketchy one.

Thank you!

First off, can I just fan girl for a second? Thank you so, so much! Stardew valley let's me escape from my very stressful job and chaotic life to a place of peace and control and order. I'm so grateful for this game you've developed and that you took the time to update it on mobile for us.

When I first started playing 1.5, I noticed a lot of things that weren't working quite right. I.e. the junimos were picking the crops but not actually gathering them, the auto fight function only worked half the time, the auto grabbers would delete all of the last stack remaining in them, the clock was too big, and buildings were hard to move. I'm not sure if those things were because I transferred my save file to a new phone ( from a Galaxy S10+ to a Galaxy S22 Ultra) or because of the 1.5 update. In just a few weeks you, all of these things have been more ir less resolved. That's freaking amazing!

I was so happy to have the update that the bugs didn't bother me because I knew they would get fixed with time but wow! You fixed them so fast! You are awesome!!

Okay...so now that I've gushed, would you minf providing me with more information about the file manager app you use? I searched for "File Manager +" in the Playstore and wasn't sure which one that came up was the right one. As it will have access to all my files, I don't want to accidentally download a sketchy one.

Thank you!
I'm not Eric, but here is the file manager mentioned:

youresokind

Greenhorn
Hey everyone,

6. Paste

-Ape

Thank you so much! Will you be also updating this on the Galaxy Store? I bought the game there and saw that there's still no 1.5 update. Just want to know if you will discontinue it there so I can just buy the game via Google Play Store