What languages do you speak?

Anhaga

Rancher
English (my native language), French (not as well as I once did), enough German to politely order a meal and not be surprised by the food that arrives, and enough Finnish to call my niece cute in her mother's native language. I also can read Old English, Latin, and Old French when I've got an appropriate dictionary nearby. Edit: I forgot I also have Musician's Italian--I know what all the Italian musical terms on my sheet music mean. :laugh:

Potatoes

Farmer
I do read Spanish and I'm totally going to try the game in Spanish now, thanks for the suggestion! However it's almost like cheating as I have pretty much the whole game memorized, so the vocabulary words for many of the minerals and artifacts to be donated to the Museum will definitely be the toughest. This is gonna be fun.

I can't wait to find la estatua de pollo!
I've wanted to start learning Spanish for a while now, I wonder if playing SV in Spanish would be a good place to start since I also have so much of it memorized, maybe it’ll be a good way to start learning some different phrases and stuff.

English (my native language), French (not as well as I once did), enough German to politely order a meal and not be surprised by the food that arrives, and enough Finnish to call my niece cute in her mother's native language. I also can read Old English, Latin, and Old French when I've got an appropriate dictionary nearby. Edit: I forgot I also have Musician's Italian--I know what all the Italian musical terms on my sheet music mean. :laugh:
I think being able to read Old English and French is pretty cool! I could read Latin for a while but it’s been a long time since I’ve done that.

Anhaga

Rancher
I think being able to read Old English and French is pretty cool! I could read Latin for a while but it’s been a long time since I’ve done that.
That was the benefit of getting most of a PhD in Middle English (everything but the dissertation!). Old English is a really fun language, especially for being emphatic and telling stories.

I speak Indonesian, which is my native language, and English, the second language which influences me the most since I was a child. I also speak Javanese (my tribe language) a bit, not so much, I don't understand what my fellow Javanese are saying most of the time.

Oh, (it's not related with the topic, I just wanna share), I can also read Arabic, but only the one with harakat (Arabic diacritics).

A Junimo

Planter
My first language is American English, but I also know how to speak and read Japanese and speak a little of Chinese (my mom's from Japan and China,) speak and read fluently in French, speak fluent Gibberish, speak and read fluent Sterricharen (the latter and former are both fictional languages,), and speak Spanish (because my school made us study it from K-5th grade.) I can speak and pronounce choppy German once I hear it, but I have NO CLUE how to follow and read it.

Last edited:

estewanini

Sodbuster
I speak mainly English nowadays but my mother tongue is Indonesian, which is slowly going down the drain since I don't use it very often. In the process of learning Dutch and I know bits and pieces of German and Spanish. Had mandatory Mandarin from elementary to early high school but that one didn't stuck to me at all :P

I speak mainly English nowadays but my mother tongue is Indonesian, which is slowly going down the drain since I don't use it very often. In the process of learning Dutch and I know bits and pieces of German and Spanish. Had mandatory Mandarin from elementary to early high school but that one didn't stuck to me at all :P
Nice. I would do it if I wasn't a Hebrew speaker. We have a problem in many Latin languages.

Maugatta

Tiller
Well, I speak English, Italian, and Portuguese.

This for the simple reason I leave in Italy and my mom is Brasilian
but my dad is Italian and his mother (my grandmather) is English.
But my two grandfathers were both Italian.

So...