Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

Narwhall83

Farmhand
1. iPhone 12
2. I don’t know if this is just a user problem but I can put the tackle on the fishing pole. I have looked up everywhere how to do it and none of the methods have worked. Also, before I was able to change the invisible button width but now it wont change at all. I can’t see the mine levels anymore because of it.
3. When I load my game, I always do it on the Load Game menu.
I don’t know what rod you’re using, but bait can’t be added to the bamboo or training rod. You’ll need a fiberglass or better rod to use bait.

TheDoctor

Greenhorn
iPad Air 3rd Gen
when in combat
i have the prismatic sword and a forged iridium band and lucky ring yet my sword is only doing 20-30 damage and my master slingshot is doing single digit damage

Lemon Drop

Cowpoke
I just wanted to say thank you, Eric, for fixing the problem I was having with using item codes for my name (post #367). With all the bigger problems other people were having not even being able to play their games, mine seemed trivial, and I wasn’t going to bother you again until everything had died down.

Well, I just downloaded the newest update, and to my complete surprise, my problem was fixed; I was able to talk to Pierre without crashing. I’m so happy!🥲 I even said to my son, “I love Eric Barone!”😅

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and work on every single post in this thread, Eric.😇 You are SO appreciated!❤🥰

On a different note, I read on Twitter you weren’t planning on bringing Haunted Chocolatier to mobile. With all the problems you’ve had with Stardew Valley, I can certainly understand why, but I truly hope you’ll reconsider. I’d love to play it, but I’m (really) old, and I can’t handle all the different buttons and keys on consoles and computers. I’ve tried playing Stardew Valley on the Switch and computer, but my brain and fingers just weren’t connecting.🫤 I know the chances are slim, but I’m just putting my vote in.🙋🏼‍♀️😄

suziesue

Newcomer
Type of phone: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
Details of your issue: all was fine yesterday but looks like the game updated at about 4am this morning and the menu/text boxes have suddenly increased in size making them harder to view. I managed to make the date and inventory smaller in the settings but can't see any option for the menus etc.
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Yes

Type of phone: Motorola G Pure
Details of issue: Game incorrectly shows icons for the amount of hearts I have with people. This is universal with all non dateable NPCS where it seems to stop right at the icon for 8-9 even if I have them at 10 hearts, and my spouse has the same icon although we're at 14 hearts. Before marriage at 10 hearts, it still gave the 8-9 icon too. This was happening before the February 20th update and I just updated my game today on the 21st, still happening. I had my game updated to the latest version before today's update.

It seems to be just an icon issue though, as I was able to access Sebastian's 14 heart event fine.

This would happen regardless of if I started the game from Load Game or through an emergency save.

Pics are from today.

Attachments

Last edited:
Type of phone: Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Details of your issue: The game suddenly crashed when I got notifed my phone was already maxed out in storage so I deleted some apps and I was back at 126gb but whenever I keep opening the game, the screen turns black and crashes again. The version I have is 1.4.5.151 and I tried updating it in google play (thinking it might help) but after the 100% loading there's a pop-up saying "Can't install Stardew, try again and if it still doesn't work, see common ways to fix it."

Screenshot:
Have you cleared caches of your apps lately? Are you near a good WiFi connection? Did you read through the guide that popped up when you took that screenshot? What usually works for me is clearing the cache of Google Play, restarting my phone, and going near a better connection to download something.

When that doesn't work, I try again after clearing tons of space (not just pictures, a lot of apps will hoard up your storage if you look at them individually. You don't have to uninstall, but clear their cache. Don't clear user data/storage unless you're fine with losing things/signing back in. For an app like Minecraft, clearing user data/storage means losing your worlds. For an app like Reddit, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or Discord, it means just needing to sign back in. What happens when you clear user data/storage is similar to if you reinstalled the app completely.)

You can look up how to do this if you don't know already, it's a good way to save space.

Oddly enough what works best is forgetting about it for a few hours or days and it ends up working. It's something that's probably out of ConcernedApe's hands as it's something to do with Google Play and not within Stardew itself.

Laddu

Greenhorn
Reading about 1.5.6.39 I had hopes that crash won't happen but same

Game crashes the moment i click over new or load

Samsung s5 Android 8.1 Havoc

still unable to play 1.5 , i hope this will be solved

this is like fourth time or fifth time i posted about the issue after update patch

waiting since 1.5 came

It sucks not being able to play the game at all

Lemon Drop

Cowpoke
Type of phone: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
Details of your issue: all was fine yesterday but looks like the game updated at about 4am this morning and the menu/text boxes have suddenly increased in size making them harder to view. I managed to make the date and inventory smaller in the settings but can't see any option for the menus etc.
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Yes
I have the same issue on my 8th and 9th generation iPads since the update.

A few other minor issues:

1) When I’m on the mainland I can chop down a tree by just touching it once, then holding my finger there; on Ginger Island I have to do each chop individually.

2) The watering can can only be activated when there’s something that can be watered directly in front of it. With the whack-a-mole worm challenge on Ginger Island, a video I watched showed how to kill him from a distance using an upgraded can. When I tried it (with my iridium can), nothing happened. I ended up standing at one hole, and waited for the worm to come out of the hole directly opposite me. Later, I saw another video where the guy just covered up all the holes but one so there was another solution, but I’m concerned that the long-shot method may be required at a later time. (If not, disregard.)

3) In my greenhouse, I’m unable to pick my hops in the first column, second row, without zooming my screen. Yesterday, I noticed it’s happening in the fourth column, second row also. (See screenshot below.) I was able to pick all my other hops, plus the ancient fruit on either side of the one that’s remaining.

Then last night the same thing happened at the train station where I a plant a bunch of trees. I was able to chop down the trees on either side of a particular tree, but then had to zoom in on that one.

This is kind of like what was happening in the lower left corner of sheds with kegs - I always had to zoom in on those few kegs.

None of these things are deal breakers, just minor things that would be nice if they could be fixed.🙂 Thank you!🥰

Attachments

darwinsghost

Greenhorn
I did a few searches and couldn't find anything on this so if it's a repeat, I'm sorry. Playing on a Samsung Galaxy A13 tablet, twice I've had fruit trees start smoking and instead of fruit they give me coal. Weird, right? One was an orange tree (which I ended up chopping down) and now it is a pomegranate that is doing the same thing.Screenshot_20230221_180403.jpg

Last edited:

reddevil97

Newcomer
Type of Device : iPad Pro 2nd Gen

Issue :

1.The toolbar reverts to default scale, on selecting the setting button, it reverts back to the choose scale.

2. The latest update has scaled the size high for the screen size, dialogues and inventory. 89FFCDCC-9FA7-417F-9C29-EDE2138B1A18.jpegC4AB7F13-74EA-43B7-ABFD-C6E71DD1AF3A.jpegFBFE50D4-0CDE-4E37-912A-778230DD3E91.jpeg3C432576-78FB-4036-9356-D35E96274F47.jpeg39FABE3D-F93A-46DB-8872-4A3EB1DCEC7D.jpeg1B6E2E61-5070-4DCA-AC09-E091F0EC5A6B.jpegAD9FD618-DEB9-4A32-8E14-151B0FEF34AA.jpeg4ADBB755-74CD-43E7-9B30-F28BA36C9AF9.jpeg

Thanks a ton!

Lemon Drop

Cowpoke
I did a few searches and couldn't find anything on this so if it's a repeat, I'm sorry. Playing on a Samsung Galaxy A13 tablet, twice I've had fruit trees start smoking and instead of fruit they give me coal. Weird, right? One was an orange tree (which I ended up chopping down) and now it is a pomegranate that is doing the same thing.View attachment 15165
Did they get struck by lightning by any chance? That’s what happens when they do. If you leave them alone, they’ll go back to giving you fruit.

gabrieliesner

Newcomer
device: Samsung A50

Thanks for the attention to all bugs reports and the commitment on fix them.. so.. I'm only missing 1 golden walnut.. i have all the diaries pages, the parrot has no more hints and im pretty sure im missing this one (photo attached), cause if i remember well, when i interected with it, it pop out, but i didn't get the "notification" at the top of the screen... is there a way to "recount" like the same way you did with the museum in the latest patch or... ?

Loaded the game through the load game menu

Attachments

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I did a few searches and couldn't find anything on this so if it's a repeat, I'm sorry. Playing on a Samsung Galaxy A13 tablet, twice I've had fruit trees start smoking and instead of fruit they give me coal. Weird, right? One was an orange tree (which I ended up chopping down) and now it is a pomegranate that is doing the same thing.View attachment 15165
hi! this isn't a bug, it happens when lightning strikes your tree. it'll give coal for a few days and then it'll start growing the normal fruit again

Mella

Cowpoke
I have a Samsung and none of my rings or swords are working.. the tools and magnetism do not work at all... Oh and my coffee machine just disappeared too... Woke up in my bed and it started today... Thanks for your help

rickn3845

Newcomer
1.5.6 build 39

Continual crashes to the point the game is unplayable. Crashes occur during saves. To get back to the game, I must power down and restart the iPad and the game. The restart does not put me where I was when the game crashed.

iPad Air 2. iOS 15.7.3

Katzura

Greenhorn
Type of phone: Asus Max Pro M1

Details of your issue: Controller Support and another bug

Thanks for update before, but i found another problem when using Controller

1. Everytime launch game, tools menu padding always large
  2. when select tool/item hold press RT and LT button only stuck in 12 tiles, for move to next item must click RB and LB once. its doesn't like 1.4 version.
  3. Can RB and LB support for hold press same as RT and LT? And can select all tool from top to bottom?
  4. 1.5.6.39 tool in chest can move any direction now, but can't auto store to bag and shipping using "X" button.
  5. And in menu bag can't select any item too nothing select tool appear
  6. Play in mini game screen area small
  7. And sometimes game can't move and freeze. But can select/scroll item
Thanks, i hope Controller can get update

Attachments