Completing the Greenhouse During the First Year

Lew Zealand

Helper
Now that you say that, yes it's true, but since the larger crops take a while to grow, it can be more convenient to grow them as the take less maintenance as well. Less planting, picking, etc. If you don't have a lot else going on, then this would be a better strategy.
Words Of Wisdom right there!

Less planting and picking, this is The Way.

And nobody should have much else going on, just how are you supposed to chill with so much elses getting stacked on toppa each other? A little less g here 'n there is to be expected when you don't even make time to darn your overalls pockets or backpack or socks, wherever you store your g. Plant the long-growing crops, enjoy the still bountiful g rolling in, make those Tea Saplings, and that BigBarn and SuperCoop will be yours surprisingly quickly.

MissDandy

Farmer
Words Of Wisdom right there!

Less planting and picking, this is The Way.

And nobody should have much else going on, just how are you supposed to chill with so much elses getting stacked on toppa each other? A little less g here 'n there is to be expected when you don't even make time to darn your overalls pockets or backpack or socks, wherever you store your g. Plant the long-growing crops, enjoy the still bountiful g rolling in, make those Tea Saplings, and that BigBarn and SuperCoop will be yours surprisingly quickly.
Those roses ain't gonna smell themselves!!

That does not look as good in writing as it sounded in my head.

Elenna101

Farmer
Now that you say that, yes it's true, but since the larger crops take a while to grow, it can be more convenient to grow them as the take less maintenance as well. Less planting, picking, etc. If you don't have a lot else going on, then this would be a better strategy.
Also, slower-growing but more valuable crops mean you need less preserve jars/kegs to process them all. Because those will more than double the value (or even triple the value, for fruit in kegs), being able to process all of them is much more money than growing a ton of blueberries and then popping them into the shipping bin raw.

chaskuchar

Planter
i changed to a new game with the four corners farm instead of the forest farm. one thing about it i cant find the mushrooms like in the forest farm.
i didn't get the greenhouse until spring 5 year 2. i was late getting the super coop built so i could get the wool from the rabbit. however i am doing good with the farming now and haven't even planted anything in the greenhouse. too much to do because i expanded the house and figuring where to place chests for seasons, figuring out how to cook, sheesh. too much to learn.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Update: so I think the key to doing this is getting lucky with the fruit bat cave and selling a lot of tea saplings. I just got my greenhouse in mid to late fall, standard bundles, by filling the Artisan bundle mostly with fruit. With that out of the way, tea saplings paid for the final coop upgrade so I could get wool for the Animal bundle. (Or you could do the barn to get goat milk. I went with rabbits because I need to pet rabbits.)

Lew Zealand

Helper
Update: so I think the key to doing this is getting lucky with the fruit bat cave and selling a lot of tea saplings. I just got my greenhouse in mid to late fall, standard bundles, by filling the Artisan bundle mostly with fruit. With that out of the way, tea saplings paid for the final coop upgrade so I could get wool for the Animal bundle. (Or you could do the barn to get goat milk. I went with rabbits because I need to pet rabbits.)
Congratulations! Is that mid to late Fall of the first year? Did you get the Red Cabbage Seeds from the Traveling Cart Lady or from a monster drop? I've never gotten the seeds from the Cart (as I just don't remember to visit her twice a week consistently) and just give up on it by Spring Y2. Or did you choose the Year 1 Completable option? I have yet to remember to try this on a new save.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Congratulations! Is that mid to late Fall of the first year? Did you get the Red Cabbage Seeds from the Traveling Cart Lady or from a monster drop? I've never gotten the seeds from the Cart (as I just don't remember to visit her twice a week consistently) and just give up on it by Spring Y2. Or did you choose the Year 1 Completable option? I have yet to remember to try this on a new save.
It's literally just the greenhouse in year one; the rest of the community center is a shambles! I am actually trying to strategically not complete the Bulletin Board until I can talk to Kent, Sandy, Dwarf, and Krobus. I want to see if the friendship bonus affects all of them. So the red cabbage and a bunch of other things are waiting for year two onwards. (Among other things, I got poppy and summer spangle mixed up, which was a fun thing to realize when summer ended.)

I think I just have a few winter foraging items to complete the next room; I got some already from the ice levels in the mines. I could rush it by throwing winter roots into the seed maker, but I'm now realizing the trauma of unlocking the greenhouse before I have the resources to fill it with sprinklers. So it's time to sit back and pet more rabbits.

Elenna101

Farmer
The only thing the Year 1 Completable option does is make sure the red cabbage is in the cart at least once in year 1, so if you're not checking the cart anyways, it won't matter.

It's literally just the greenhouse in year one; the rest of the community center is a shambles! I am actually trying to strategically not complete the Bulletin Board until I can talk to Kent, Sandy, Dwarf, and Krobus. I want to see if the friendship bonus affects all of them.
It does affect all of them.