Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

JonahMax

Newcomer
Type of phone: iPhone 8
Issue: My game freezes while loading. Every time I try to open the app, the screen freezes and doesn't keep loading. Sometimes it happens as soon as I open the app, sometimes it doesn't freeze until the actual game opens. I've tried restarting both the game and my phone several times and it doesn't seem to help. Also, the contents of chests have started organizing backwards when automatically sorted. Another problem is not being able to use two fingers to look around.

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
I’m trying to complete Robin’s special order but i can’t transfer items from inventory to the deposit box.
ipad 6th gen iOS 14.4. Have repeated several times and issue is recurring
Thanks for the report. Are you using a controller, by chance? And if not, are you using tap-to-select for item movement or drag-and-drop?

hello:)

Greenhorn
Type of phone: iPhone 13 mini
Details: things in the inventory are very small, such as your character, people’s hearts and their character, and the boxes you can select at the top.
D6D856E6-9F53-4490-A312-F0572BE48642.png

also, the text is pretty small, or at least much smaller than before, and there is no option to increase the size. It’s also super difficult to scroll on the toolbar, I had to make it about size 125, and scrolling is still difficult. sorry I put so much!
89C156DF-3AB0-476F-AABC-2A4BBB0B0424.png

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Thanks for the patch. Working better already!

New thing I noticed - the hardwood tree on my farm did not regrow the next new full day. The ones in the secret forest did regrow ok.

edit - the next day in game the tree grew. All fine.
but now I cannot put hardwood into Robin's box for the bed quest.
thanks again!
I appreciate the update! What device are you playing on? And are using a controller?

美月MZK

Greenhorn
Hello again!

Phone: Vivo Y11 | Android ver. 11

Issues:
The player character and time froze. It happened when it hit 11:20PM as I was chopping hardwood at the secret forest. Ambient sound is still playing as well as the leaves falling, however, I cannot press the menu nor the inventory button though I can still use the toolbar. Toggle control button is clickable but does nothing. The time display is blinking, as if I am on the menu. I didn't have any other option than restarting the game and the day (bye-bye dino egg ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ). I tried to risk it all again to see if it would freeze again when I restarted but couldn't recreate the bug.

Here is a link to the video: https://youtu.be/QgCMBByYchs

As suggested by CA on Twitter, I have started the save on the load menu prior and have not used the backup save when I entered the save.

P.S. The auto-grabber won't open with tap-to-move most of the time. I have to use buttons for it to open.

Also, would it be possible to make it so the game remembers the preferred controls when exiting? I swap between tap-to-move and joystick + buttons depending on what I do. If I forget to swap to the joystick before I exit the game, the next time I open, I have to select the control from the menu and have to reposition the buttons again. It's no big deal if it won't change, it's just a slight inconvenient.

Thanks again for all your hard work! Know that we appreciate it all greatly :D

Type of phone: Moto G 7+

Details of your issue: My character keeps freezing after using a tool. The first two times it happened it was after I used a hoe on an artifact spot, but this last time I had been using one of the other tools (I can't remember which) to clear the land.

Any other info that might be relevant: time stops moving after my character freezes, though I can still move my tool bar and change what I'm holding. I can't interact with the world, but I can zoom in and out. (ETA: I also can't open the menu or quest bar when this happens).
The first time it happened I was near the sign at the bus stop and tapping it (so you could see what it says) allowed me to unfreeze. That's the only time I was able to get unstuck myself, and after closing down the app it hasn't allowed me the option to go back to where I was, so I have to start the day over.

Here's a screenshot, but it doesn't look that helpful to me, it just highlights the timestop's different colored time text (also the phone bar isn't usually there, but I think that it's there because of the screenshot mechanics, so no big deal there)
Screenshot_20230108-183404.png

Update: my last one I didn't close the app, but eventually when I got on the app again, the app reset and allowed me to return to the same time and day. It did however have me repeat a heart event (I think I had done it 2+ in game days before) which was odd

Last edited:

Bodaddy

Newcomer
iPad 6th generation, iOS 15.2

Having issue with character freezing after digging (And previously chopping ground wood). Clock is frozen.

I can still select things from the left item bar, character holds over head but can’t use. Rain is still animating, can’t open menu.

First time After quit and restart it begins at the start of the day again, no continue from where left off. This time after quit and restart it did resume from exact place but horse was gone. I did die on ginger island jusr previously.

Attachments

Type of device: iPad Pro 12.9" M1 - iPadOS 16.2
Details of your issue: Cannot craft anything, there's no button, just a line. If I select something that I have enough inventory to create multiples with, I can utilize the slider, but still don't receive any button to execute the crafting.
Screenshots/video:
AD10758D-0166-447C-A24A-4B124D806705.png

Any other info that might be relevant: I utilize "Tap-to-Move & Auto-attack", either with my finger, or my Apple Pencil, and have never encountered this issue prior to the 1.5 update.

cruella

Greenhorn
iPad Air 4th generation, iPadOS 16.2
Stardew Valley version 1.5.6.32

Issue: Opening the box in the cabin at the start of a game fails to trigger the Getting Started quest. Since it’s not there to be completed, neither Raising Animals or Advancement can be triggered either.

545B2483-4878-42DD-AD5E-E203D6D5D1FD.png

This happened both on a standard game (Forest Farm) where I watched the whole intro and on an advanced options game (River Farm) where I skipped the intro.

Calico

Tiller
Seconding this. Happens in both coop and barn.
I'm playing on a Fairphone 3.
Agree with other posters.
Auto+grabber works as usual for me until you retrieve items from it. The size shrinks down and when I got to 2 items left, it randomly deleted 1 item. Same in coop and barn.

Playing on iPad

AlmightyShoe

Newcomer
Device: IPadOS 15.5

Bug #1: When I donated an ancient seed to the museum I found that when I went to claim the rewards (ancient seeds you can plant and the recipe to make them) I could claim them but the seeds when into an inventory slot I had not gotten yet and I could not access them.

I haven’t had the chance to get any more rewards so I am unsure whether it’s just an issue with the ancient seeds or if it happens with other rewards as well.

Bug #2: I do not know if this is actually normal, but everything is oddly sized and in strange places in the game and I’m not sure if that is meant to be that way or not. (Look at the screenshots to see what I mean by that, it’s hard to explain well)
heres a list of the things that I’ve found so far that have weird placement/sizing
-loading screen (when you first go in the game)
-player image (in the menu)
-text size when talking to characters in game

Attachments

Moondogwork

Greenhorn
Ipad pro

after painting the stable for my horse it was forced upward, the horse stayed in place.

I took horse back to robins to try moving building but it wouldn’t work.

(also the building doesn’t register as one so I can walk through it. I can only reach the horse by using the entrance tiles that would exist if the stable was in its proper place.)

Attachments

Type of phone: Samsung A03S
Details of your issue: When I go down in the mine and approach the enemy, the enemies do not take damage! Same problem with other weapons!
+ When the music changes, the game freezes a little and is annoying
Any other info that might be relevant:This bug was still present in version 1.4.5.151. I hope this bug will be fixed in the update.
Video:https://youtu.be/go_FWhg0dR4

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Hello again!

Phone: Vivo Y11 | Android ver. 11

Issues:
The player character and time froze. It happened when it hit 11:20PM as I was chopping hardwood at the secret forest. Ambient sound is still playing as well as the leaves falling, however, I cannot press the menu nor the inventory button though I can still use the toolbar. Toggle control button is clickable but does nothing. The time display is blinking, as if I am on the menu. I didn't have any other option than restarting the game and the day (bye-bye dino egg ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ). I tried to risk it all again to see if it would freeze again when I restarted but couldn't recreate the bug.

Here is a link to the video: https://youtu.be/QgCMBByYchs

As suggested by CA on Twitter, I have started the save on the load menu prior and have not used the backup save when I entered the save.

P.S. The auto-grabber won't open with tap-to-move most of the time. I have to use buttons for it to open.

Also, would it be possible to make it so the game remembers the preferred controls when exiting? I swap between tap-to-move and joystick + buttons depending on what I do. If I forget to swap to the joystick before I exit the game, the next time I open, I have to select the control from the menu and have to reposition the buttons again. It's no big deal if it won't change, it's just a slight inconvenient.

Thanks again for all your hard work! Know that we appreciate it all greatly :D
Thanks for all these details. I'm still investigating the freezing issue.. I haven't been able to reproduce on my end either but I'm still working on it.

For the controls, do you have the toggle button on screen? I just tried to reproduce what I think you described on my end, and the controls (both the control scheme and the location of the joystick and buttons) were remembered when I exited and returned. I had the toggle button up and toggled it to tap-to-move before exiting. Let me know if you're doing something different and I'll keep looking into it.

Dmcandrew90

Newcomer
I’m using an iPhone 14 pro max (IOS 16.1.2)
Found that when I go to donate to the museum the box for my stuff to donate is kind of out of main box that surrounds it. It also doesn’t line up to where you can donate the minerals to.
98A7BA3D-1330-451A-ACCC-80F85B67A1C6.png

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
iPad Air 4th generation, iPadOS 16.2
Stardew Valley version 1.5.6.32

Issue: Opening the box in the cabin at the start of a game fails to trigger the Getting Started quest. Since it’s not there to be completed, neither Raising Animals or Advancement can be triggered either.

View attachment 13099

This happened both on a standard game (Forest Farm) where I watched the whole intro and on an advanced options game (River Farm) where I skipped the intro.
Thanks for the report and extra investigations, I think I found the issue and it should be fixed in the next patch.

ThyMossyOliver

Greenhorn
89D622CF-3186-486A-925F-B85F33E1D3DC.jpeg
44F5BFD5-7AC2-4AFF-897D-BB16AB32982B.png
IPhone 12
It’s 5 pm and Gus has still yet to leave his room,he’s just stuck there.I can still talk to Gus but it’s just what he normally says when he’s at the register.And another one is where penny is just glitching through walls and objects like Danny phantom