Unofficial mod updates

charliethemanic

Greenhorn
Hello! Came across this post which asks general questions and requests for Yellog’s MODs. I’m looking for YELLOG’S WALLS AND FLOORS. I was hoping if anyone in this forum has a copy of the file since it is no longer available on Nexus and anywhere else. If anyone is looking for Yellog’s Furnitures, I have a copy of the files.

Thank you so much to anyone who is willing to help me!
This one? https://www.moddrop.com/stardew-valley/mods/856597-yellogs-walls-and-floors-cp

souvlakic

Tiller
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but i just wanted to ask - is it better to use Content Patcher or Custom Furniture for adding new objects?

afaik one replaces vanilla furniture/items with the new textures, and the other makes the new textures as separate items alongside vanilla objects - im unsure which is the preferred/most stable option?

for example: I have the folders for Yellog's furniture in both CP + CF (not in the Mods folder at the same time aha)

the CP one reskins the beds/crib the way i want, but seems to be broken in some aspects:
-rotating the items sometimes breaks them back to vanilla sprites
-rotating turns them into different objects (that might be intentional tho..)
-some items are "split" between two objects
All the items (afaik) show up in the furniture catalogue
Im not sure if some of this is the items being 'numbered' wrong in the .json file (im rly not sure how this works, but i assume furniture is set to dimensions via the .json"

I've put the CF Yellog folder in the Custom Furniture folder, where it says "none_cp_packs_go_here" and none of the Yellog furniture shows up in the catalogue or changes the vanilla textures.
However, putting the CF pack just in the Mods folder works perfectly - both vanilla + Yellog's furniture show up in the catalogue!

There are also difference between the items available in either pack (such as dividers, lights, etc) + their functionality (with CF the TV's dont work, but with CP they do)
is there a way to consolidate the two packs, or to make it so they both work at the same time?

ty in advance for any advice or help!
i'm having the same problem, the cp version look slip between two objects, pls tell me if u know how to fix it 🥺

HalfBaked

Farmhand
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but i just wanted to ask - is it better to use Content Patcher or Custom Furniture for adding new objects?

afaik one replaces vanilla furniture/items with the new textures, and the other makes the new textures as separate items alongside vanilla objects - im unsure which is the preferred/most stable option?

for example: I have the folders for Yellog's furniture in both CP + CF (not in the Mods folder at the same time aha)

the CP one reskins the beds/crib the way i want, but seems to be broken in some aspects:
-rotating the items sometimes breaks them back to vanilla sprites
-rotating turns them into different objects (that might be intentional tho..)
-some items are "split" between two objects
All the items (afaik) show up in the furniture catalogue
Im not sure if some of this is the items being 'numbered' wrong in the .json file (im rly not sure how this works, but i assume furniture is set to dimensions via the .json"

I've put the CF Yellog folder in the Custom Furniture folder, where it says "none_cp_packs_go_here" and none of the Yellog furniture shows up in the catalogue or changes the vanilla textures.
However, putting the CF pack just in the Mods folder works perfectly - both vanilla + Yellog's furniture show up in the catalogue!

There are also difference between the items available in either pack (such as dividers, lights, etc) + their functionality (with CF the TV's dont work, but with CP they do)
is there a way to consolidate the two packs, or to make it so they both work at the same time?

ty in advance for any advice or help!
i'm having the same problem, the cp version look slip between two objects, pls tell me if u know how to fix it 🥺
Custom furniture is broken until PYTK gets updated, unless I'm mistaken. You may also have other mods broken from this. From the PYTK page on Nexus you can click requirements and see "mods requiring this" to know what mods are affected. You might just cut/paste the broken mods elsewhere until it is updated to save any configs you have set up. I've seen a couple of different theories on when that will be, one of which is that they're waiting for Stardew 1.6.

Last edited:

Uginia

Tiller
If anyone is going to work on pytk, can someone pls fix the farmer body scaling issue? I can scale hats or accessory but not the body.

{ "Scale: 4", } [CP] Uginia eye highlight test:------------------------------- Patches: loaded | conditions | applied | name + details ------- | ---------- | ------- | -------------- [X] | [X] | [X] | EditImage Characters/Farmer/farmer_girl_base [X] | [X] | [ ] | EditImage Characters/Farmer/farmer_girl_base_bald Current changes: asset name | changes ---------------------------------- | ------- Characters/Farmer/farmer_girl_base | edited image

Sinmenon

Planter
Hi! Would anyone be willing or able to update the Monster Valley mod? It's been abandoned and hasn't updated since 2018. It hasn't been converted for 1.5 and there are a few glitches in the mod, like a lack of a sleeping sprite for spouses, missing beach sprites, and any monster options for children (<---I think this would be really hard for actual sprites, so if anyone instead has ideas on how I could get close with customization, I'm all ears!).

I think this would be a slightly bigger task, so no worries if no one can right now. It's a really cool mod tho so I hope someone picks it up eventually!

Hi, I have picked and chosen and updated a few of them in this same thread, but not all of them. I did Abigail, Caroline (both either together or separately), Sandy, and Harvey. I was doing this before starting my own monster/fantasy themed mod. A few days ago I also did a few monster toddlers for Alternative Textures for my own use but if there is any interest I can share too.

You can check my updates either at nexus or at my blog.

Hello everyone! Would anyone willing to convert kaya's Korean blossom mod from Json asset to DGA for me? I am trying to distribute the load and I love this mod too much to not use it anymore. If anyone can do it, I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much in advance!

Joherca

Newcomer
Don 't know if anyone else is experiencing this, or if a fix is in place yet, but it seems the unofficial version of Parittee's BFAV is broken since the last SMAPI update:
This is preventing buying any animals as long as BFAV is installed.

Smapi log here: https://smapi.io/log/6d8ae8840552442099b7577c06245b04 the specific error is at the bottom of page 4.
I dont have that issue with the BFAV, my game load well, the only problem I have with the mod is that animals doesnt make any product, donkeys doesnt produce milk, alpaca doesnt produce wool, etc etc but the animals work fine. Anyone knows how to solve the animals products problem?
Sin título.png

Sinmenon

Planter
I dont have that issue with the BFAV, my game load well, the only problem I have with the mod is that animals doesnt make any product, donkeys doesnt produce milk, alpaca doesnt produce wool, etc etc but the animals work fine. Anyone knows how to solve the animals products problem?
Have you downloaded Json Assets? They are usually necessary for the animal products.

Joherca

Newcomer
Have you downloaded Json Assets? They are usually necessary for the animal products.
Yes Json Assets is download and in smapi seems not to be any problem.
[Json Assets] Loading content packs...
[Json Assets] Alpaca Goods 1.0.0 by birdb - Adds Alpaca goods.
[Json Assets] Bonster's Fruits and Veggies 2.5.0 by Bonster - New Fruits and Veggies for Stardew Valley
[Json Assets] [JA] CAMEL PRODUCTS by DRIJUCE 1.0.0 by DRIJUCE - Camel Hair and Camel Yarn.
[Json Assets] Donkey Goods 1.3.0 by birdb - Adds Donkey products.
[Json Assets] MythicPhoenix's Phoenix Items 1.0.0 by MythicPhoenix - Items necessary for the BFAV version of MythicPhoenix's Phoenixes.
[Json Assets] New Objects for Stardew Valley Expanded 1.14.16 by FlashShifter - Adds new fish, objects, weapons, crops, and decorations.
[Json Assets] BFAV neos griffins items 1.1.1 by Neonix - Items for neos giffins.
[Json Assets] Pigeon Surprise 1.0.0 by birdb - Adds a surprise item pigeons can give to you.
[Json Assets] Ridgeside Village [JSON Assets component] 2.2.0 by Rafseazz - Adds custom items to Ridgeside Village.
[Json Assets] [JA] SWAN PRODUCTS by DRIJUCE 1.1.2 by DRIJUCE - Down Feathers, Swan Egg, and Swan Mayonnaise.
[Json Assets] [JA] Chocobos Product 1.2.0 by Ciriun & wally32 - Adds Chocobos product.
[Json Assets] [JA] Goose Products 1.2.0 by lamplight - Adds down and eggs for geese
[Json Assets] [JA] Peafowl Products 1.0.0 by cantabileChaos - Adds multiple feather colors and peafowl eggs.
[Json Assets] Rooster Products 1.0.1 by Stardreem - Add Rooster products.

SigmaBunny

Tiller
View attachment 11482
Do you have Producer Framework Mod? Many things require that to work with the machines

Sinmenon

Planter
Yes Json Assets is download and in smapi seems not to be any problem.
What about the unofficial update? I see you have it installed, but is it the most recent version?
I have the swan, griffin and the phoenix and they are working fine on my end.
And I can see you also have the producer framework. In theory everything should be in order.

You could always try removing the older version (BFAV, maybe also the JSON and the producer framework too) download a fresh version and then trying to run the game again.

Joherca

Newcomer
What about the unofficial update? I see you have it installed, but is it the most recent version?
I have the swan, griffin and the phoenix and they are working fine on my end.
And I can see you also have the producer framework. In theory everything should be in order.

You could always try removing the older version (BFAV, maybe also the JSON and the producer framework too) download a fresh version and then trying to run the game again.
The update is the 3.2.4 Idk if is the last version, but I can try redownload again, maybe is some conflict with other mod? or maybe too BFAV mods (griffin, phoenix, camel, donkey, pidgeons, swan, goose, etc)?

Joherca

Newcomer
The update is the 3.2.4 Idk if is the last version, but I can try redownload again, maybe is some conflict with other mod? or maybe too BFAV mods (griffin, phoenix, camel, donkey, pidgeons, swan, goose, etc)?
Redownload all mods again and the animals doesnt produce nothing, I dont know what to do

Sinmenon

Planter
I also thought about conflict, but usually it shows up in a error message in smapi log (as in, for example, the same id codes). I don't think it would be too many mods otherwise my game's log would be even more of a mess than it is. You could try adding each mod one by one and see which ones work.
I have the following ones in my game, if it helps:
  • Arrbyte's Canaries
  • Kitsune
  • Neo's Griffins
  • Oxen
  • Parrots
  • Phoenixes
  • Swams

It could be because your game's language is set to Spanish instead of English, but I think it is unlikely.

In any case, maybe you could post it in the general mod support and get more eyes on it?