Greed is Good - Tale of a Billionaire Farm Tycoon

Shart

Planter
When this young lad first came to Pelican Town, nobody had a clue about him. Is he good or evil? He must be a good person, right? He is friendly with everyone in the village and everyone loves him. He even put Joja out of business by rebuilding the Community Center. Little did anyone know, this person is actually a horrendously greedy person that makes Pierre and Morris look charitable. What did he do? Let's follow his story and see it yourself:

This is the last challenge that I just finished. At first I was reluctant to post this because I didn't want CA to see this and change the various game mechanics that I exploited here. But then I thought to myself: Hey, what I achieved in this save file is quite unique and I want to showcase it for others to see.

The goal of this save file is quite simple: Reaching 2,147,483,647g (The maximum amount you can have in Stardew) as soon as possible. This save file is about money, money, and money. Without further ado, this is my "farm" :

FarmFall.png
Farm

House.png
Main house

HouseCellar.png
Main house cellar

TownFall.png
Town
ForestFall.png
Forest

MountainSummer.png
Mountain

TrainFall.png
Train station
HillSummer.png
End game summit

(Apparently I can only post 10 pics at once. I'll post more below)

As you can see, my main sources of money are diamonds, golden eggs, and wines. This is the rough breakdown of my income in 1 year:
Golden eggs: ~170M
Diamonds: ~410M
Wines: ~30M
Etc (Gold/Iridium Bars+Birthday gifts from Golden Statue): ~20M
Total: ~630M

Some of you might wonder:
Why so many coops? In the past I already tested that golden eggs are more profitable than ancient fruit wines and much easier to take care of. It only took me 8 in-game hours to harvest all the eggs produced in a year.
Why so many crystalariums? In terms of profit/in-game minute, continuously harvesting diamonds is probably the most profitable thing to do in the game. In this save file I have 17k+ crystalariums. I literally had to harvest diamonds every day that even De Beers would envy me.
Why so many statues of perfection? In total I have 450 statues. These statues are just my personal 'side quest' and it also helps me providing the gold+iridium bars needed for the crystalariums. Golden statues take a really long time to break even (like 15 years maybe?). Considering my goal was to reach max money ASAP, the statues were actually counterproductive.

I finally reached my goal on Spring year 9. Apparently Yoba hates you if you have too much money. Yoba took all my money away once I exceeded 2,147,483,647g as a punishment for my greed.
Money.png

So, how did I achieve this? Why are the crystalariums not destroyed by the villagers? What did I do to build so many coops and crystalariums in 9 years?
1. Using normal minmaxing strategy early on: unlock the dessert and do skull cavern dives until I'm sick of it.

2. Single PC 'Multiplayer'. I honestly don't know how to call this, this is just how I call it. The gist is this: by having 3 cabins, I could have 4 total 'players' in my save file. There are two things I exploited here.
First, I am able to build 4 coops at the same time. That is why I was able to build 115 coops by the end of the third year. You can read more details here.
Second, I can get 4x the normal amount of Qi gems. Each quest that I completed gives Qi gems to each player in my save file. This means I get 4x the Qi gems. Why are Qi gems important? Deconstructor.

3. Solar panels and deconstructors: Crafting that many crystalariums requires a TON of materials, like a TON.
In this save file I had 300 solar panels and used ~6k fairy dust to get the batteries. After my dust ran out, I simply left my solar panels and harvested it once in a while.

My statues of endless fortune provided a decent amount of iridium and gold bars, but they were not nearly enough. I had to go to the skull cavern a lot to get the auto-petters anyway, so iridium bars were not my biggest issue.

As for the gold bars, I needed 80k+ gold bars. While buying gold ores to smelt gold bars is possible, it is significantly more expensive than buying treasure hunter tackle and deconstructing it into 2 gold bars. Since I got 4x the normal amount of Qi gems, I could afford buying the deconstructor and started grinding my crystalariums fairly early.
The problem with deconstructing is that fishing tackles can't be stacked to 999, it is a huge pain to go back and forth buying the tackles from Willy. I didn't record it, but I suspect I spent ~15 real life hours in total just deconstructing the tackles. It was really tedious.

4. Blocking villagers with furniture. This is by far the game mechanic that I exploited the most.
I want to have as many crystalariums as possible. While I can place those crystalariums inside my shed, it was nowhere enough for me. Not to mention my farm is mostly filled with chicken coops anyway.
The only solution is to put the crystalariums outside my farm. And to protect those crystalariums from getting destroyed by the villagers I needed to place furniture in various places.
For those who don't know, if the npc is blocked by the furnitre, they would get 'free pathing' (similar to if you body block the npc). As a result, the npc would just move past the crystalariums instead of destroying them.

I actually could make some, not all, villagers to stay in their room forever by blocking their door with furniture. By doing so, I could literally have the whole town (almost) to be my personal shed. However, as weird as it may sound, I actually felt bad to do that so I decided to be against that. It felt sad to see the town to be quite literally a ghost town and not see a single villager walking around. Money is not everything I guess (Yeah I know, I'm such a hypocrite). What I did is already ridiculously exploitative enough anyway.

EmptyFriday.png

This picture was taken on sunny Friday night. As you can see, so many villagers are missing and Gus is trapped inside his room. It is a sad sight to see so I decided to be against this. I felt bad for putting them into house arrest...

End words:
I started this farm last December and I'm finally done with this after more than 6 months. The save file says I spent around 340+ hours, but that doesn't include the resets, testing, and planning. If those are included, I probably spent almost 400 hours. It was a fun challenge though. The grinding wasn't as boring as I thought it would have been. Yes, I got bored at times and had to pause this challenge a few times, but it was not as terrible as how I imagined at first.

For me personally, exploiting these game mechanics is fun and I wish they won't get removed in the future. However, I don't recommend you doing the same if you consider these as game breaking exploits or cheating.

I hope you enjoyed reading the journey of this "Greedy tycoon who put Pierre's and Morris' greed to shame". Thank you for reading this long post.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
This level of insanity must be commended to the highest level! :stardrop: :stardrop: :stardrop: I'm glad you did this so I @FilthyGorilla doesn't have to but I really hope our favorite unwashed primate weighs in on this monumental achievement.
Lmao, I'm Still doing it and all this has made me feel is that I need to work harder, I don't really care about how fast I am ig and am staying away from any exploitations (I do count singleplayer-multiplayer as an exploit) and just want to do it faster irl.
I am also not just going for 2.1 bil I'm going for 10, I want to even try for an integer limit sale in one single day which will be... fun.
Mine is also more messing than any speedrun, like seriously, pathing the whole of stardew and 3.6 million flamingoes aren't exactly speedrunning.

Now I just feel like getting mroe stuff, also @Shart, It's much more profitable than af kegging to have the coops or some of them spaced out and having crystalariums in them too, with that many you could have had about another 7000 just in them.
Also was the 17k just all off-farm?

Last edited:

Shart

Planter
Did you ever let Gus out?
Thanks!. I only locked him during my testing. In my real save file, I didn't put anyone into jail. I felt bad seeing them staying in their room forever...

Also was the 17k just all off-farm?
I think I had ~1.3k crystalariums in my cabins, the rest are off farm.
As you can see, I only had access to 6 coops and 1 barn, the rest are blocked. I put kegs instead of crystalariums there.
I think you're right that it's probably more profitable if I give some space to my coops and put crystalariums in there. The problem is I don't like harvesting my crystalariums when the animals are asleep, that's why I didn't have any crystalariums there.
Also, Good luck with your challenge!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Thanks!. I only locked him during my testing. In my real save file, I didn't put anyone into jail. I felt bad seeing them staying in their room forever...

I think I had ~1.3k crystalariums in my cabins, the rest are off farm.
As you can see, I only had access to 6 coops and 1 barn, the rest are blocked. I put kegs instead of crystalariums there.
I think you're right that it's probably more profitable if I give some space to my coops and put crystalariums in there. The problem is I don't like harvesting my crystalariums when the animals are asleep, that's why I didn't have any crystalariums there.
Also, Good luck with your challenge!
Yeah it’s an absolute pain, I’m doing it split up probably and harvesting outside areas or my cabins at night.

DragonGwen

Farmer
If you ever do it again I would recommend using the name item spawn cheat. It allows you to get money and, if needed, befriend the townsfolk

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
If you ever do it again I would recommend using the name item spawn cheat. It allows you to get money and, if needed, befriend the townsfolk
That defeats the entire purpose of the challenge by just cheating stuff in. There isn’t any fun in just spawning in items, they may as well just download a mod to get all the money instantly.

DragonGwen

Farmer
That defeats the entire purpose of the challenge by just cheating stuff in. There isn’t any fun in just spawning in items, they may as well just download a mod to get all the money instantly.
I thought the challenge was to get money, I didn't know no cheats so sorry