Solved How to get fix issue, "Not loading mod because asset folder is empty when asset folder is not empty" (Ridgeside village)

Tman009

Greenhorn
First of all, sorry for the long title.
Second, I have modded things before and recently had to reinstall all my mods on stardew valley, one of the mods I wanted to use was ridgeside village.
The problem that occured is that some parts of ridgeside village werent loading, im not sure as to how this effects gameplay as I havent tried to play with the error in place however I can imagine that it bugs the game out.
The error reads that it can't load the content patcher and STF parts of the mod because the asset folders are empty, however I checked the asset folders and saw that they weren't empty.
I'v includede my SMAPI log and an image of the filled asset folders, does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
Im assuming this problem isnt unique to ridgeside village and is more along the lines of me installing somthing inncorrectly unknowingly.
Or is this how its meant to be played and iv just been given a false error for some reason.

(sorry for any spelling errors, im hopeless without autocorrect)

https://smapi.io/log/b2bb81fe2d9540849fe5d375eac2c07a
Error.PNG
Mod asset file 2.PNG
Mod asset file 1.PNG

Thanks for posting the full, parsed log, and the screenshots. Basically, you have a couple duplicate folders that are empty.
If you notice the path in the screenshots; both folders are under 'Ridgeside Village'.

If we toggle the 'trace' button on the parsed log we see the following:

16:39:18TRACESMAPI [CP] Ridgeside Village\Assets (from Mods\[CP] Ridgeside Village\Assets)...
16:39:18TRACESMAPI Failed: it's an empty folder.
16:39:18TRACESMAPI [STF] Ridgeside Village\Assets (from Mods\[STF] Ridgeside Village\Assets)...

The second half of the error says that these empty folders are directly under the "Mods" folder; not inside the Ridgeside Village folder you have in the screenshots.
So, just go up into your "Mods" folder, & look for those 2 empty folders. And, you can safely delete them.

Tman009

Greenhorn
Thanks for posting the full, parsed log, and the screenshots. Basically, you have a couple duplicate folders that are empty.
If you notice the path in the screenshots; both folders are under 'Ridgeside Village'.

If we toggle the 'trace' button on the parsed log we see the following:

16:39:18TRACESMAPI [CP] Ridgeside Village\Assets (from Mods\[CP] Ridgeside Village\Assets)...
16:39:18TRACESMAPI [STF] Ridgeside Village\Assets (from Mods\[STF] Ridgeside Village\Assets)...

The second half of the error says that these empty folders are directly under the "Mods" folder; not inside the Ridgeside Village folder you have in the screenshots.
So, just go up into your "Mods" folder, & look for those 2 empty folders. And, you can safely delete them.
Just tried it and you were right I had duplicate files outside of the originals, I have a lot of mods running so I couldnt tell.
I also want thank you for giving me a hand as quickly as you did, it honestly suprised me to get a response so quickly and im happy that I can now play my modded SDV. :)

Just tried it and you were right I had duplicate files outside of the originals, I have a lot of mods running so I couldnt tell.
I also want thank you for giving me a hand as quickly as you did, it honestly suprised me to get a response so quickly and im happy that I can now play my modded SDV. :)
No prob!
Thanks for being pretty thorough with documenting the error, it helped narrow down things quicker. Have fun!