Switch [BUG] No hits when fishing

Jernie

Newcomer
I am in year 5 in the game and when I try to fish I never get any hits, ever. No matter where I try, I sit there until dark and no hits whatsoever. I have reached all the skill levels, but am getting no where with fishing. I know what to do when you get a hit. Its the same as in story of seasons. But I never get a hit.

imnvs

Local Legend
Just to make sure I understand... you've maxed out all your skills? If you've never caught a fish, though, your fishing would still be at 0, so I'm assuming this is the case, that all your skills except fishing are maxed, yes?

And then, so no matter where you cast, you never hear the sound and never see the exclamation point above your character's head?

Fable

Newcomer
I am in year 5 in the game and when I try to fish I never get any hits, ever. No matter where I try, I sit there until dark and no hits whatsoever. I have reached all the skill levels, but am getting no where with fishing. I know what to do when you get a hit. Its the same as in story of seasons. But I never get a hit.
Hi, I'm curious - What fishing rod are you using? I'm new to the game and in 2nd season, day 2, first year. I'm using a training rod i bought coz I had to buy one as my inventory was full when what's his face tried to give me the bamboo one. I couldn't get it so had to buy one. I also have NEVER seen the word HIT. I do hear sounds and get the exclamation mark above head though.