Thoughts for the next update?

Swartzki

Tiller
So i've been kinda pondering about what the next update will bring us whenever we get it. I may want to add that I am in no rush for the next update. lol Quality over quanity. Anyway I was just curious what all you guys would like to see change or any additions to the game with a new update. Myself I would love to see some fresh faces in the game, maybe some new people moving into the valley. I think it would be cool for the little community to expand a little more as far as population, maybe some new bachelors/bachelorettes. I also would love to see another option to run Joja out of town, and maybe converting the Joja bulding into a new community center(Stupid me not knowing any better in my first play through fed into Joja mart and lost the community center, which is now a movie theater) I would love to see a new scenario where you can fix your actions if you went with Joja. What do you guys think? What do you guys wanna see?

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I'd like to see a few things improved or changed to make gameplay a little easier. For instance, the casks should have the aging stars on top of the lids. When you pack the cellar with them you can't see how much half of them have aged. With all the new content now we need more space in our backpacks. Also, it would be wonderful if there were even more community upgrades. And yes, I'd like to be able to be friends with Marlon too and maybe even Gil if he ever wakes up. :cool:

benjellyman

Planter
I'd like to see a few things improved or changed to make gameplay a little easier. For instance, the casks should have the aging stars on top of the lids. When you pack the cellar with them you can't see how much half of them have aged. With all the new content now we need more space in our backpacks. Also, it would be wonderful if there were even more community upgrades. And yes, I'd like to be able to be friends with Marlon too and maybe even Gil if he ever wakes up. :cool:
Don't forget Gunther as well :gunther:

MissDandy

Farmer
I would really like to see some new faces too! I would also like some small things, like possibly new recipes (which comes with new people), and other stuff like getting to chose the colour or pattern of your horse from a few options. The only thing is, as much as I look forward to a future update, I hope it doesn't happen too soon! There is still so much going on from the last update, and it feels like it just came out on the switch yesterday. However, I'm still excited.

Swartzki

Tiller
I would really like to see some new faces too! I would also like some small things, like possibly new recipes (which comes with new people), and other stuff like getting to chose the colour or pattern of your horse from a few options. The only thing is, as much as I look forward to a future update, I hope it doesn't happen too soon! There is still so much going on from the last update, and it feels like it just came out on the switch yesterday. However, I'm still excited.
I think it would be cool too if we could get a dog and a cat. I don't play it as much on my switch as I should. I'm mostly on my PS5 and it still feels new. I have been spending a ton of time on the island.

benjellyman

Planter
they should add some type of insects, new pets, ⬆ Maybe new types of pets like idk, a bird or something, or make an easy way to get a fish tank (or maybe there is, I just don't know about it).

MissDandy

Farmer
I think it would be cool too if we could get a dog and a cat. I don't play it as much on my switch as I should. I'm mostly on my PS5 and it still feels new. I have been spending a ton of time on the island.
Yeah I wish we could have both! I play on switch, by the way :) and that reminds me of another thing I would like to see!! I really wish we could build on the island, like sheds and stuff. I feel like that would save me so much time. I don't like having to lug 160 pineapples back to the mainland to put them in kegs there.

MissDandy

Farmer
they should add some type of insects, new pets, ⬆ Maybe new types of pets like idk, a bird or something, or make an easy way to get a fish tank (or maybe there is, I just don't know about it).
New pets would be cool. I would love to have birds! I think some other pets that aren't so common would be cool too, like geckos and stuff. I mean, I you can have a pet Dino then why not??

Worblehat

Planter
I have often suggested more customization for cats (and dogs, for those with inferior taste in pets :cat:). Right now we can have a gray tabby, orange tabby, or some weird tan cat that doesn't clearly correspond to any real life cats I can think of. So we need black cats, tuxedo cats, gray & white cats, orange & white cats, calicos, tortoiseshells, regular tabbies, maybe Siamese (unless the tan cat is an attempt at that?). I'm sure dog enthusiasts can come up with a similar list on that side. Should be relatively simple to add if CA wants to, since it's just reskinning existing sprites.

Putting hats on your spouse is another interesting idea that comes up in this type of thread. You can put hats on your horse and your kids, why not your spouse? :maru: + Cat Ears = win!
Also, it would be wonderful if there were even more community upgrades.
Eh, maybe. My issue with the current community upgrades is that they're so very late in the game that they don't matter at all. I'd prefer to see those become a "New Game Plus" type of option, where doing them on your first save means you can have them already present (if you want) on future saves, so the pathing improvements actually matter.
an easy way to get a fish tank (or maybe there is, I just don't know about it).
Willy sells them.

imnvs

Local Legend
Putting hats on your spouse is another interesting idea that comes up in this type of thread. You can put hats on your horse and your kids, why not your spouse? :maru: + Cat Ears = win!
You can also put hats on your alien rarecrow.
Willy sells them.
You can also get all the fish tanks (except the biggest) from the furniture catalogue available from Robin.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I have a couple more things I'd like to see added. They all have to do with food stability.

Recipes using cherries. Give us a reason to put down $3,400 per tree besides just being pretty with fruit.

More specific fish recipes. There a couple. But for the most part. If you put a rainbow trout and a chub in your fridge they'll probably both end up as sushi. I think this is a big idea to make us fish longer. I know most of the times I'm out on the dock for long periods of time is because someone's requested a certain kind of fish.

Chicken. There I said it. What if we produced our own poultry? It's pretty commonplace, even on a small farm. There's no reason we couldn't process a few roosters every once in a while. It's not like we'd be slaughtering a 1,200 lb. cow.

More fruit recipes. Do you know how much fruit I put into the bin every day? Growing fruit, foraging for fruit and going to Ginger Island for fruit adds up to a lot of fruit. I'd say at least 10 more fruit recipes. Maybe even some of them could be drinks like strawberry milkshakes. :love:

I want Conveyor Belt floor tiles or objects which link any adjacent machines to an adjacent hopper, so I can finally have the functionality of automation mods in the vanilla game, and combined with my army of Junimo i can complete my dreams of a neo-industrial wine complex in a vanilla game, without spending days on end swapping out products from kegs. Charge me batteries per tile, charge me whatever, let me walk on them or not, just give me conveyor belts please and thank you!

goboking

Rancher
I'd like to see cooking overhauled with the following changes.
  1. Make the Cookout Kit available at Foraging 3 to grant earlier access to cooking.
  2. Make Cooking into a skill and tweak a few existing dishes to grant Cooking Skill buffs.
  3. Add a timing mini-game to Cooking to make it interesting. Have Cooking Skill impact the difficulty of the mini-game.
  4. Add Frying Pans as a new tool type and allow higher quality frying pans to cook more than one dish at a time (i.e. copper frying pans can cook two of any dish at once while iridium frying pans can cook up to five).
  5. Separate the Kitchen from the Pantry in the Community Center and add various cooking-related bundles to the Kitchen.
Two other additions I'd like to see.
  • Add cocoa beans to the game. It makes no sense that we can make chocolate cake without chocolate.
  • Let us keg rice to make vinegar. We can make wheat, sugar, and oil, leaving vinegar as the only ingredient we can't make ourselves.