Speed Run: Completing the Musuem in Year 1

ISSsloth

Farmer
I don't know if this is a record, but I'm wondering about your strategy. Did you know from the beginning that this is what you wanted to do in this save? If so, did you go for the Joja route? It seems to me that since the bus repair is cheaper through Joja, this would be an optimal choice.

Other questions I have:
  • What farm map did you chose? Did this affect your run?
  • How did you spend your time? There is a need of income to get to the desert artifacts, but there is also the option to dig all day.
  • What artifacts did you get the most duplicates of?
  • How did geodes factor into your run?
  • What were the last minerals and artifacts you found?
  • What will you do with that save file now? Will you try to speedrun the Ginger Island artifacts?
  • Why did you decide to speedrun completing the museum?
  • What NPCs did you befriend, if any? The wizard and penny would be good for giving extra minerals and artifacts to, and Demitrius can give you the nautilus shell.
  • Did you gain enough skill levels for this to affect your run? This speedrun would be a good use of Tracker. (Lev. 10 Foraging)

Squigglyruth

Planter
I recently completed the museum on Day 26, Winter, Year one. I'm curious to see if this is a record?
It's definitely very fast! I think it could probably be done faster, but I haven't heard of anyone actually doing that, and it would need a lot of luck. I do know of a number of runs where people have rushed the sewer entry key in order to buy Tiger Trout from Krobus and complete the CC in the summer - this involved getting the sewer entry key in the last week of spring. That's 60 donations so nearly 2/3 of the way complete, but of course the last items always take the longest. It would be really easy to have everything except one item, like a skeletal hand, and then get completely stuck for months on end...

I think a couple of people might be confused... this is completing the Museum Collection, not the Community Center.

There's ways to get it done faster, mostly by exploiting certain game mechanics and using particular game seeds, but this really good for a regular run.

kpeach20

Greenhorn
I don't know if this is a record, but I'm wondering about your strategy. Did you know from the beginning that this is what you wanted to do in this save? If so, did you go for the Joja route? It seems to me that since the bus repair is cheaper through Joja, this would be an optimal choice.

Other questions I have:
  • What farm map did you chose? Did this affect your run?
  • How did you spend your time? There is a need of income to get to the desert artifacts, but there is also the option to dig all day.
  • What artifacts did you get the most duplicates of?
  • How did geodes factor into your run?
  • What were the last minerals and artifacts you found?
  • What will you do with that save file now? Will you try to speedrun the Ginger Island artifacts?
  • Why did you decide to speedrun completing the museum?
  • What NPCs did you befriend, if any? The wizard and penny would be good for giving extra minerals and artifacts to, and Demitrius can give you the nautilus shell.
  • Did you gain enough skill levels for this to affect your run? This speedrun would be a good use of Tracker. (Lev. 10 Foraging)
I will try to answer your questions in order:
-Remixed CC route. No Joja....ever...unless that one time to get the achievement and then ditching that save file.
-Standard farm, remixed bundles. Being that I have never done anything other than a standard farm and that this was the first time with remixed bundles, I can't say if this affected my run. Btw, I didn't set out with a "speed run" in mind....this kinda just happened...really fast.
-I spent my time normally, a healthy mix of profit, CC completion, mine runs, fishing, and in the end, Skull Cavern.
-Duplicates: I must have gotten 50 prehistoric shovels.
-Geodes: I know which artifacts and/or minerals come out of which geodes, so after I realized that I was far enough in my collection so early on as to warrant museum completion as a focus, I farmed those geodes until I got what I needed out of them. Omni geodes with the trade for artifact troves when it got to Winter, as I was far enough along in my game to do deep dives in the SC and use bombs to farm them. This rounded out my collection until I had only the trilobite left...which i found the night of the 24th. 25th is the Winter Star Festival, so I could not actually take it to the museum until the 26th.
-See last comment for last artifacts. I had all of the minerals by early Fall.
-See above: I never really decided to speedrun the museum until I realized that I was far ahead of schedule. The only other saves that I have completed the museum were in year 3 and 4.
-I will continue on with this file like usual, try to complete everything that I can. I have gotten to 100% in my original save file, and I plan to do so with this one.
-I didn't start to befriend anyone until after I was done with the museum. P.S. (remixed) Community Center was done around the 3rd of Winter.
-Skills were all 10 except combat, mining, and foraging which were all level 8 or 9.
-No mods or glitches. Just lucky.

Last edited:

kpeach20

Greenhorn
I think a couple of people might be confused... this is completing the Museum Collection, not the Community Center.

There's ways to get it done faster, mostly by exploiting certain game mechanics and using particular game seeds, but this really good for a regular run.
Artifact troves were the only thing that I might consider an "exploit", but that is open to everyone and no secret. No mods or glitches, standard game.

Last edited:
Nice!

While most of the items can be forced by winter due to mining omni geodes from Skull Cavern, either directly for all other minerals apart from gems, or indirectly by purchasing artifacts troves, there are still a few items which rely on RNG. There's 18 artifacts which don't come from troves

4x dwarf scrolls - can easily be forced by using the burglar ring in the mines
2x Strange dolls - guaranteed from secret notes
Dino Egg, tibia, rib and vertebra - easily forced from killing pepper rex
Skeletal tail, and nautilus and amphibian fossils - forced from fishing treasure chests

That's 13 of the 18, which leaves five items you simply have to hope will appear in artifact spots - they are skeletal hand, skull, scapula, palm fossil and trilobite

Elenna101

Farmer
I'm pretty sure I've gotten scapula from both skeletons and bone nodes on the island as of 1.5. And I believe trilobites can also be gotten from bone nodes?

I have my self completed the museum display in Fall 27 bought a crocus from traveling merch. However I got big lucky because after my pumpkins ripened she literally was selling a truffle, red cabbage, and a nautilus shell. That closed three of the wanted post bundles then and there for me.

If you take on the movie theater I never hit that within the first year as that dino egg and prismatic shard are never in my rng tables. Heck I never saw a prehistoric skull mine until 1.5 came out

I have my self completed the museum display in Fall 27 bought a crocus from traveling merch. However I got big lucky because after my pumpkins ripened she literally was selling a truffle, red cabbage, and a nautilus shell. That closed three of the wanted post bundles then and there for me.

If you take on the movie theater I never hit that within the first year as that dino egg and prismatic shard are never in my rng tables. Heck I never saw a prehistoric skull mine until 1.5 came out
These are strategies for the Community Center completion. The poster was talking about filling the museum with minerals and artifacts.

These are strategies for the Community Center completion. The poster was talking about filling the museum with minerals and artifacts.
Sorry feel like an donkey. My brain took it a CC not museum. I didn't intend to off post but the quickest I've ever did a museum run was in autumn doing a joja ally to buy the desert bus faster than a cc bundle as it's faster to earn money than it is to complete bundles often earning enough to unlock the bus by summer 3