I recently completed the museum on Day 26, Winter, Year one. I'm curious to see if this is a record?
It's definitely very fast! I think it could probably be done faster, but I haven't heard of anyone actually doing that, and it would need a lot of luck. I do know of a number of runs where people have rushed the sewer entry key in order to buy Tiger Trout from Krobus and complete the CC in the summer - this involved getting the sewer entry key in the last week of spring. That's 60 donations so nearly 2/3 of the way complete, but of course the last items always take the longest. It would be really easy to have everything except one item, like a skeletal hand, and then get completely stuck for months on end...I recently completed the museum on Day 26, Winter, Year one. I'm curious to see if this is a record?
I will try to answer your questions in order:I don't know if this is a record, but I'm wondering about your strategy. Did you know from the beginning that this is what you wanted to do in this save? If so, did you go for the Joja route? It seems to me that since the bus repair is cheaper through Joja, this would be an optimal choice.
Other questions I have:
- What farm map did you chose? Did this affect your run?
- How did you spend your time? There is a need of income to get to the desert artifacts, but there is also the option to dig all day.
- What artifacts did you get the most duplicates of?
- How did geodes factor into your run?
- What were the last minerals and artifacts you found?
- What will you do with that save file now? Will you try to speedrun the Ginger Island artifacts?
- Why did you decide to speedrun completing the museum?
- What NPCs did you befriend, if any? The wizard and penny would be good for giving extra minerals and artifacts to, and Demitrius can give you the nautilus shell.
- Did you gain enough skill levels for this to affect your run? This speedrun would be a good use of Tracker. (Lev. 10 Foraging)
Artifact troves were the only thing that I might consider an "exploit", but that is open to everyone and no secret. No mods or glitches, standard game.I think a couple of people might be confused... this is completing the Museum Collection, not the Community Center.
There's ways to get it done faster, mostly by exploiting certain game mechanics and using particular game seeds, but this really good for a regular run.