1.5 SPOILERS - Rings

Bananapaws

Sodbuster
Right now I have the Iridium band combined with the slime-charmer ring, and the crab ring combined with the napalm ring. I once made it to level 100 in the Skull Cavern by 7:30PM on a lucky day. If someone kidnapped Shane and our children and wanted my napalm ring in return? Well, I'd miss my family.

imnvs

Local Legend
If someone kidnapped Shane and our children and wanted my napalm ring in return? Well, I'd miss my family.
Um... Bp... relax... you can get another one from the Adventurer's guild.

So... the wife has a wilderness farm. You know... monsters running about after nightfall. Let me caution you now... in similar circumstances, do NOT use a napalm ring on your farm. Some people may have not thought of this, but I'm letting you all know now... don't do it. She was lucky. She only blew up a few melons and had to replace some path.

Cuusardo

Farmer
So... the wife has a wilderness farm. You know... monsters running about after nightfall. Let me caution you now... in similar circumstances, do NOT use a napalm ring on your farm. Some people may have not thought of this, but I'm letting you all know now... don't do it. She was lucky. She only blew up a few melons and had to replace some path.
Yes, a lesson learned the hard way. My default rings at the moment are both iridium bands, one forged with a vampire ring and one with a burglar ring. I had just gotten back from the Skull Cavern and forgot to swap out my iridium band forged with the napalm ring for the vampiric one. I stepped out of my house after putting some things away and there was a monster nearby.

BOOM!

Whoooooops!

And if you hadn't guessed, I am a fan of forging iridium bands with other rings. I like having those combat bonuses from the iridium bands, and the light is indispensable.

imnvs

Local Legend
So... I've been finding more and more iridium bands, so I've been contemplating what to combine with all my spare iridium bands, and I think I figured it out...

When I don't need luck or anything to do with combat... why not two glowstone/iridium bands? It's like wearing 4 glow rings and 4 magnet rings all at once! I imagine putting it on and shouting into the sky, "I! AM! BECOME! THE! SUN!!!" I mean, think about it... a giant gravity well that gives off way too much light? Sounds like the sun to me!

This idea just tickles me silly. 😅😂🤣

Phate4569

Planter
Once I unlock Forge I plan on doing:
Iridium Band + Luck band
Burglers Ring + Napalm
Burglers Ring + Luck Ring

Granted this all depends on me ACTUALLY finding Luck Rings. :/

I've been panning every GlimmyGems (What my friend's son calls the shimmers, it stuck in my head).

EDIT: once winter hits I finally have some of my SC dive setup in place, so I'll be able to do that and hopefully get the Luck ring from there.

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend
Depends... by "do anything for you" do you mean have an effect? Turn one on?

Wait, the answer is, "No," to both questions. Nevermind.
Lol, i meant does the active defense field do anything special when you have multiple of them combined.

Bananapaws

Sodbuster
I do agree about not wearing the napalm ring on your farm if you have monsters out and about. I was so proud of my pristine cobblestone pathways, since usually my farm looks like it may be the secret, drunken love-child of Shane and Pam. My napalm ring decided that it liked it better the other way. It no longer gets to frolic with us at night.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I do agree about not wearing the napalm ring on your farm if you have monsters out and about. I was so proud of my pristine cobblestone pathways, since usually my farm looks like it may be the secret, drunken love-child of Shane and Pam. My napalm ring decided that it liked it better the other way. It no longer gets to frolic with us at night.
Lmao
To be fair, it's napalm, and your farm is infested with monsters. Napalm gonna do what napalm gonna do.

hexnessie

Farmer
Once I got a bit better at fighting, I started using iridium+luck and crabshell+burglar.

I find the iridium+luck important for day-to-day activities, not just fighting (it glows, it attracts, it makes me lucky, I'm a star!)

For times when I'm sadly not that good at surviving, I replace the iridium+luck with crabshell+immunity for added defense.

Elenna101

Farmer
does nobody use the phoenix ring? that is one of the things I always bolt to my iridium band.
Yeah, I see the appeal, but at this point I'm pretty good at not dying (and often I'll reset the day if I do die). So it doesn't seem worth it to me, to take up a valuable ring slot with something that only has use if I die, when I'm trying my best to make sure that it won't have any use.

Ilune

Planter
Iridium + slime charm
burgler + lucky

Before the access to the volcano, just the slime charm ring and the burgler, expecially when I go to farm coal from iron levels in mines or iridium ore from skull cavern (kill the purple slimes, collect iridium and sometimes prismatic shards)