Giant Mushrooms: Something is Missing

LRangerR

Local Legend
Well if the Ancient Mariner is in the game why not the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderlan?
That makes no sense at all.

I don't know bout the rest of y'all but I've always found the story of Alice in Wonderland boring, and now that I look back on it from an older perspective I just find it shallow.

Did you know that the biggest mushroom in the world is bigger than a blue whale and is about 8600 years old?
Your talking about mycelia not a mushroom. Mushrooms are just the fruiting body. Though the world's biggest tree is a contender for biggest organism

LRangerR

Local Legend
Your talking about mycelia not a mushroom. Mushrooms are just the fruiting body. Though the world's biggest tree is a contender for biggest organism
No, I'm talking about a rare specimen of Armillaria ostoyae that's somewhere in Oregon. Look it up yo.

Pic of giant shroom:

LRangerR

Local Legend
That's a bolette not a honey mushroom
Then why does everything i read say that the giant shroom is a honey mushroom?

At any rate, i've learned that the mushroom is the "fruit" part of a fungal organism, kinda like the stem and roots are different parts of a tree. It's kinda like a berry, or flower in a way.

Then why does everything i read say that the giant shroom is a honey mushroom?

At any rate, i've learned that the mushroom is the "fruit" part of a fungal organism, kinda like the stem and roots are different parts of a tree. It's kinda like a berry, or flower in a way.
Yep that mycelia can get massive like football stadium size. It's constantly a giant super organism. Heck the texas a&m school panicked over a slime mold that was a giant sized version

I must know more...
I'll try to find the old article but around the release of the original "the blob" movie a very large slime mold cluster had taken over a pecan tree outside the woman's dorm. The noticed the slime was extending pseudopods further up the tree and they panicked and called in the fire dept and they sprayed the fungus with a hose which caused it to swell and burst. The next morning supposedly the professors were laughing at the extreme over reaction to a common garden organism.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I'll try to find the old article but around the release of the original "the blob" movie a very large slime mold cluster had taken over a pecan tree outside the woman's dorm. The noticed the slime was extending pseudopods further up the tree and they panicked and called in the fire dept and they sprayed the fungus with a hose which caused it to swell and burst. The next morning supposedly the professors were laughing at the extreme over reaction to a common garden organism.
That's too funny. @PorkChop might understand my horror movie reference now.

Are you saying that a giant slime mold has no place in Stardew Valley?! 😫
Isn't that what the slimes are. I mean they drop "algae" that looks alot like pseudopods. It would explain the slime rooms as a migrating space as the mother? Is moving it and it's children.

Àlso with the giant mushrooms it could get even better if they included a mushroom theme including a caterillar that displays "who are you" when you enter the room.

rippytrippy

Planter
Lmao gotta love the insanity of Alice in Wonderland. Would be cool to see a little spin-off reference in this game lollll