Issue Can't proceed to next day

FrederickJones

Greenhorn
Hello! I've made a post about being unable to proceed to next day, and someone from my previous post suggested to look for help here. My problem is that I can't proceed to the next day, and the screen just goes blank, I can hear what I believe to be fire, so the game doesn't freeze. I've deleted the mods, reinstalled SMAPI, and even reinstalled the game, but he/she pointed out that it will not solve the problem because the save file is already altered. Any help would be much appriciated. I've attached my save file and the SMAPi error log, sorry I'm inept in modding.

Attachments

imnvs

Local Legend
That was me, and I suggested that it was a cause... not that it definitely was the cause. It's just the modding community will be able to verify whether it is or not pretty handily, and possibly fix your save. Good luck. 👍

mouse

Farmer
Can you do these things for more information?
  1. Restore your mods folder back to how it was
  2. Load your save, try to proceed to next day, and close it whenever the issue happens
  3. Upload your latest SMAPI log and share the link here
  4. Find your saves folder and zip the entire Fargo folder (including the savegameinfo files and the backup saves) and upload it here

FrederickJones

Greenhorn
That was me, and I suggested that it was a cause... not that it definitely was the cause. It's just the modding community will be able to verify whether it is or not pretty handily, and possibly fix your save. Good luck. 👍
Can you do these things for more information?
  1. Restore your mods folder back to how it was
  2. Load your save, try to proceed to next day, and close it whenever the issue happens
  3. Upload your latest SMAPI log and share the link here
  4. Find your saves folder and zip the entire Fargo folder (including the savegameinfo files and the backup saves) and upload it here
I think I have reinstalled all the mods, I still can't proceed to the next day, and thank you for the help.

Attachments

mouse

Farmer
This is still the old log from yesterday that doesn't seem to even load a save -- if you've tried to run the game again since then, it should have generated a new log with more information.

If you do not have a new log, SMAPI may not be running at all. Make sure the black console window is coming up before the game itself and is running in the background. If it isn't, you may need to double check your launch options in Steam, or run the StardewModdingAPI.exe directly from the game folder :)

FrederickJones

Greenhorn
This is still the old log from yesterday that doesn't seem to even load a save -- if you've tried to run the game again since then, it should have generated a new log with more information.

If you do not have a new log, SMAPI may not be running at all. Make sure the black console window is coming up before the game itself and is running in the background. If it isn't, you may need to double check your launch options in Steam, or run the StardewModdingAPI.exe directly from the game folder :)
I think this is the new log, thank you for your time.

Attachments

mouse

Farmer
This log doesn't show the loading a save and trying to proceed to next day. I was asking because I couldn't get your save to load at all, and it would have been easier to get the info from the log. Since your log doesn't show the Robin Romance mod installed though, it's likely that the reason I can't load it and the reason you can't save are the same. (Though I would not have expected it to work at all.)

I've force-divorced you, which should let SMAPI automatically clean up that mod from your save (make sure you divorce custom NPCs before removing them!). I didn't make any other changes to the save, so hopefully nothing is missing.

Once I could load the save at all, I could also save normally, so hopefully that's the only issue. If you still can't proceed to the next day, please make sure you load the save, sleep to trigger the issue, then grab a new log. (Edit: I hunted down your original thread which mentioned it being Winter 1 you were having the problem with, so I'd assume it's an installed mod. The log should have more info, just make sure you force the issue to happen first!)

Attachments

Last edited:

FrederickJones

Greenhorn
This log doesn't show the loading a save and trying to proceed to next day. I was asking because I couldn't get your save to load at all, and it would have been easier to get the info from the log. Since your log doesn't show the Robin Romance mod installed though, it's likely that the reason I can't load it and the reason you can't save are the same. (Though I would not have expected it to work at all.)

I've force-divorced you, which should let SMAPI automatically clean up that mod from your save (make sure you divorce custom NPCs before removing them!). I didn't make any other changes to the save, so hopefully nothing is missing.

Once I could load the save at all, I could also save normally, so hopefully that's the only issue. If you still can't proceed to the next day, please make sure you load the save, sleep to trigger the issue, then grab a new log.
Hello!
I really appriciate your efforts, but unfortunately I still can't load it, it means a lot that you have took the time and effort to look through my files.

Attachments

mouse

Farmer
It should be fine, yeah. I'd play a day with SMAPI still installed even if you remove everything else, though, so it can clean up any custom locations/NPCs remaining. (Remember if you marry a custom NPC to divorce them before removing the mod :) )